Honestly, can Robbie continue to have these wars?

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lawler is an awesome champ, but in his last two fights he has absorbed a ton of damage against tough guys. If he gets put with Wonderboy, theoretically, I don't see that being any easier on him. I mean, its what you get when you sign up for one of the toughest divisions as a champ, but still.

In the long run, will Robbie suffer health issues for these big battles?

This is a good point.
Lawler is a brawler and will probably never change.
No fighter should take punishment like this for too long. Eventually hard punches to the melon will have a long term effect.

It's quite possible Robbie will be having some major problems later on in life because of these wars.

It obviously isn't GOOD for your health long term . Lawler has been fighting for over ten years and been in countless battles as well. It's shocking that his chin is still holding up so well. The problem is lately all his fights turn into brawls which he excels at .

I love Robbie and respect him greatly. I love that he is the welterweight champion, but I do think Thompson can beat him . Robbie is very hittable and Wonderboy is presise with his shots. If they are matched up it might be Robbie's last fight as champion . Thompson might be the one who breaks the camels back as they say and KO Robbie.

He's been hit hard in a lot of his last fights. How he is still standing is a miracle.

That being said, I think Wonderboy finishes him off with some of those nasty kicks of his.

It's quite possible Robbie will be having some major problems later on in life because of these wars.

True but for the time being lets all appreciate the warrior that is the ruthless one.

Lawler is tough as nails, but it will catch up with him eventually. I except Wonderboy to finish him and keep that belt for some time.

It obviously isn't GOOD for your health long term . Lawler has been fighting for over ten years and been in countless battles as well. It's shocking that his chin is still holding up so well. The problem is lately all his fights turn into brawls which he excels at.

Lately?

For sure it will take its toll on him. He already does have sort of slurred speech at times in his interviews.

He won't be able to take those types of flush shots against a hit man like Wonderboy imo. If he does the toe-to-toe, mano e mano thing with him, he will get his head kicked clean off.

I think his chin will crack soon. Maybe even during this year.

And much like Hendo, once its cracked there is no turning back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back