Honestly, bantamweight division now is on the same level as lightweight or welterweight

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
Not less.

Top 10 are pretty much all killers. All have great striking, effective wrestling and BJJ - defensive one, and some have great offensive one too.
Pretty much all have great movement, all of them are fast obviously.

Rarely a dull fight - everyone likes to trade. Even Assuncao, he simply does it in such a robotic way that it's not too exciting. But he also has it all.

There is also a great bunch of killers in top 25: Petr Yan is pizdetz, Dodson should never be underestimated, Rob Font is skilled. New blood is coming too.

Even outside of UFC - Bellator champ Caldwell is definitely not a king of excitement, but his wrestling is top notch, and BJJ highly underestimated.

Funny thing now: THEY ALL can stall fights like Woodley and Wonderboy know well how to do.
But they don't.

Now compare that to LW and WW - and I think a comparison would be fair.

Bantamweight is on the same level as bantamweight?

Bold claim. Bold, bold claim indeed.

(In before thread title edit)

Bantamweight is on the same level as bantamweight?

Bold claim. Bold, bold claim indeed.

(In before thread title edit)

Corrected. Thanks!

as WELTERWEIGHT? A dumpster fire of a division in the UFC??

Bantamweight is the best division going right now, i'm glad it's getting recognized.

I'm also glad that Dillashaw has been locked with Garbrandt for 2 years and now wants to further make the division a slog by avoiding Moraes to fight Cruz.

as WELTERWEIGHT? A dumpster fire of a division in the UFC??

Bantamweight is the best division going right now, i'm glad it's getting recognized.

I'm also glad that Dillashaw has been locked with Garbrandt for 2 years and now wants to further make the division a slog by avoiding Moraes to fight Cruz.

Hmmm...didn't think that way about WW.

So what are your top 3 divisions? Lightweight, bantamweight and...?

The dieded guy is more skilled than most of the top 5 in onther divisions.
Not really. Aldo, Holloway, Conor, Khabib, Tyron, Colby, Weidman, Rockhold, Gastelum, Bobby Knuckles, etc would all smash him

Not really. Aldo, Holloway, Conor, Khabib, Tyron, Colby, Weidman, Rockhold, Gastelum, Bobby Knuckles, etc would all smash him

Well you brought top 2 from each division. And a very solid guys.
Still, I believe that Cody is more skilled than, for example, Rockhold and Colby. Stylistically, a MW version of Garbrandt against Whittaker would be interesting too.

Featherweight and Lightweight are the two best divisions.
Bantamweight is third, though.

And it's been for a long time. I actually think WW is now in a weird position, where most contenders are out of title talks, and the three people involved in title contention are two boring fighters and a reincident weight misses. Featherweight is way more interesting and middleweight is unclogging and will develop greatly at 230

Featherweight and Lightweight are the most beast-rich divisions. Bantamweight is 3rd. WW is frequently highly entertaining but shallow enough that several fairly one-dimensional fighters have ended up in the Top 5 in the last few years.

As far as 145 goes, don't be fooled by the way Stephens was taken out by Aldo. Stephens was looking great in that fight until Aldo - still one of the P4P best on the planet - worked out what he needed to do to turn the tables. I like Till and Colby but 2018 Stephens is a smarter, more well-rounded fighter than both of them. He'd be Top 3 easily in any division outside 135/145/155. Unfortunately he's in the same division as legit elite talent like Holloway, Aldo, Ortega, Edgar ...

Hell, Cub Swanson would be Top 3 in any division outside 135, 145 and 155, and that dude's on a 3-loss skid at FW.

Not less.

Top 10 are pretty much all killers. All have great striking, effective wrestling and BJJ - defensive one, and some have great offensive one too.

Rarely a dull fight - everyone likes to trade. Even Assuncao, he simply does it in such a robotic way that it's not too exciting. But he also has it all.

There is also a great bunch of killers in top 25: Petr Yan is pizdetz, Dodson should never be underestimated, Rob Font is skilled. New blood is coming too.

Even outside of UFC - Bellator champ Caldwell is definitely not a king of excitement, but his wrestling is top notch, and BJJ highly underestimated.

Funny thing now: THEY ALL can stall fights like Woodley and Wonderboy know well how to do.
But they don't.

LW/FW/BW are the 3 best divisions in the UFC.

Not less.

But they don't.

LW/FW/BW are the 3 best divisions in the UFC.

an argument can be made that BW is the deepest division in the ufc

Back