Honda- took 20 power shots to the head. Landed 0.

Ya i guess aldo did hurt conors face in the exchange

Yeah, he actually cut his eye with that strike. Before he went to sleepy. I think the strike count in that 12 second fight was 3 Conor and 1 Aldo. The ratio wasn't so bad. I'm watched the fight now 2 times and I don't see anything landing for Rowdy.

Thought of that fight afterwards.
I cheered hard for Ronda, but she didn't perform well... or even competently. I'm actually not even sure of what she was trying to do.
Whatever, I'm a Ronda fan for life anyway, hope she's ok. And retires
she should be thankful to the ref, if the fight kept going, oh boy the brain damage.

Panic judo set in as soon as she got hit. She couldn't wrestle for shit, which would've helped, but instead she fished for the invisible gi that wasn't there. Had no idea how to cover up, which tells you that Edmond never let her really spar hard boxing at his gym. That's where you learn how to cover up. Really sad.

Edmond fucking ruined Ronda. He should've fired himself a long time ago and sent her off to a real gym. Hell, Karo's gym down the street would've been a big upgrade. Instead, that con artist kept property inside her head for his own selfish reasons. Really tragic story.

She got thoroughly dominated from the start and didn't or couldn't try to land anything. It could be a case of being gun shy after her last fight and feeling Nunes getting through even when she had her hands up.

the hapless corner is the cherry on top, lol.

Panic judo set in as soon as she got hit. She couldn't wrestle for shit, which would've helped, but instead she fished for the invisible gi that wasn't there. Had no idea how to cover up, which tells you that Edmond never let her really spar hard boxing at his gym. That's where you learn how to cover up. Really sad.

I'm dying here. LMAO "Fishing for the invisible gi."

She was definitely stretching out her arm as if to grab a hold of the gi, instead of defending her melon. Her striking defense makes Brock look K1 level.

Not at all. Her reputation will forever be bringing the girls to the UFC and making it a thing. She could've ruined it against Carmouche, but she didn't, and now WMMA is a thing. And I'll be the first to admit that Rousey isn't a thing anymore, but her reputation is in stone.
This could've been an Invicta fight that only 30,000 nerds watched, instead of a major event.
War Rousey.
Hespect to Nunes.
I'm going to bed
Sleep well, I know I will :D Respect to all the warriors who competed today.

It is definitely in the running.

Off the top of my head, there are a few lopsided championship fights fights, although admittedly none were quite as lopsided in the same way:

Silva vs. Franklin I
McGregor vs. Aldo
Rousey vs. Correira
Rousey vs Davis
Rousey vs Zingano

Jones Vs Shogun

lolcat-ouch.jpg

Glass chin

You don't really need a rock hard chin in the women's 145lb division. She took 10-12 unanswered strong shots and was still in there. Only if she knew how to move her head, move her feet, and not reach with her arms towards a punching opponent.

She has a pretty good chin.

+1

But that doesn't mean much when the rest of your striking defense isn't there.

I'm dying here. LMAO "Fishing for the invisible gi."

She was definitely stretching out her arm as if to grab a hold of the gi, instead of defending her melon. Her striking defense makes Brock look K1 level.
Lulz. I made a whole damn thread about it earlier today. Whether or not Ronda would panic judo. A lot of white knights came in and said there was no such thing. Well, tonight was irrefutable evidence of panic judo.

Yeah, it was embarrassing. She clearly learned nothing about the need to work on her striking defense from the loss to Holm.
She's the Royce of early WMMA

Good grappling but very one dimensional. Terrible striking.

She came to the cage huffin n puffin all that for nothing. She got absolutely humiliated, Holm put a dent in Rousey's chin. It's pure glass now, Ronda looked like she was in a wind tunnel

Back