Honda- took 20 power shots to the head. Landed 0.

11_others

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I counted exactly 20 clean power punches to the head Honda took. That averages to about 1 punch every 2 seconds of the 48 second fight. I don't believe she landed a single strike.

This is probably the single worst beatdown in a championship history.

<{clintugh}>

Last edited:
Yeah, it was embarrassing. She clearly learned nothing about the need to work on her striking defense from the loss to Holm.

I remember the Mortal Kombat movies using the phrase "flawless victory" like 3 or 4 times, despite the winning fighter taking very obvious damage.

I haven't rewatched, but was this literally a flawless victory?

Maybe Ronda landed something soft/off-balance in one of those brief clinches?

Nice and flowy Artem

She did the opposite of what her coach told her, like she was upset with him or something

Ronda just ruined her reputation forever and I love it :D

this was on AS- Leben level, totally outclassed
Thought of that fight afterwards.
I cheered hard for Ronda, but she didn't perform well... or even competently. I'm actually not even sure of what she was trying to do.
Whatever, I'm a Ronda fan for life anyway, hope she's ok. And retires

Ya i guess aldo did hurt conors face in the exchange

Ronda just ruined her reputation forever and I love it :D
Not at all. Her reputation will forever be bringing the girls to the UFC and making it a thing. She could've ruined it against Carmouche, but she didn't, and now WMMA is a thing. And I'll be the first to admit that Rousey isn't a thing anymore, but her reputation is in stone.
This could've been an Invicta fight that only 30,000 nerds watched, instead of a major event.
War Rousey.
Hespect to Nunes.
I'm going to bed

I counted exactly 20 clean power punches to the head Honda took. That averages to about 1 punch every 2 seconds of the 48 second fight. I don't believe she landed a single strike.

This is probably the single worst beatdown in championship history.

<{clintugh}>

Edit: vid. Please, correct if my count was off:

It is definitely in the running.

Off the top of my head, there are a few lopsided championship fights fights, although admittedly none were quite as lopsided in the same way:

Silva vs. Franklin I
McGregor vs. Aldo
Rousey vs. Correira
Rousey vs Davis
Rousey vs Zingano

2gvo6me.jpg

Back