Opinion Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German cardinal

phoenixikki

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German cardinal

TELEMMGLPICT000184694106_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqplGOf-dgG3z4gg9owgQTXDVXE4-NcPVfcZy5a1cUJ04.jpeg

A German cardinal on Friday provoked anger and controversy when he claimed the Catholic church was not responsible for sexual abuse by its clerics, and instead sought to pin the blame on homosexuality.

“What has happened in the church is no different from what is happening in society as a whole,” Cardinal Walter Brandmüller said. “The real scandal is that the Catholic church hasn’t distinguished itself from the rest of society.”

A study commissioned by the German Bishops Conference and published last year found that more than 3,600 children were sexually abused by Catholic clergy in Germany between 1946 and 2014.

But Cardinal Brandmüller claimed that only a “vanishingly small number” of clergy had committed abuses. He said the real problem was homosexuality and claimed it is “statistically proven” that there is a link between homosexuality and abuse.

Society “forgets or covers up the fact that 80 per cent of cases of sexual assault in the church involved male youths not children,” he told Germany’s DPA news agency in an interview a few days ahead of his 90th birthday.

Continue reading

Not all homosexuals are pedos. But The Catholic Church has a homosexual problem and pedophilia problem. And many of these priests are both at the same time.

Malachi Martin warned of this decades ago. Unfortunately, these issues were never dealt with by leadership within the Catholic Church.

Most homosexuals aren't sexually abusing minors .
This is just a case of an establishment head not accepting blame for their actions.

Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German cardinal

TELEMMGLPICT000184694106_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqplGOf-dgG3z4gg9owgQTXDVXE4-NcPVfcZy5a1cUJ04.jpeg

A German cardinal on Friday provoked anger and controversy when he claimed the Catholic church was not responsible for sexual abuse by its clerics, and instead sought to pin the blame on homosexuality.

“What has happened in the church is no different from what is happening in society as a whole,” Cardinal Walter Brandmüller said. “The real scandal is that the Catholic church hasn’t distinguished itself from the rest of society.”

A study commissioned by the German Bishops Conference and published last year found that more than 3,600 children were sexually abused by Catholic clergy in Germany between 1946 and 2014.

But Cardinal Brandmüller claimed that only a “vanishingly small number” of clergy had committed abuses. He said the real problem was homosexuality and claimed it is “statistically proven” that there is a link between homosexuality and abuse.

Society “forgets or covers up the fact that 80 per cent of cases of sexual assault in the church involved male youths not children,” he told Germany’s DPA news agency in an interview a few days ahead of his 90th birthday.

Continue reading

Dumbest thing I've read all week.

Any numbers on whether gay people molest children more than straight people?

I have to factor in the suppression of natural, biological sexual urges...

WAIT WAIT WAIT, I'm not saying, we are naturally inclined to find children sexually attractive...

but when you take a vow of celibacy, and suppress your "carnal urges", anything and everything seems fu*kable.

I mean, the men here...
who took the "No Fap" challenge...

I mean, after four or five days, how horny were you guys? serious question

I have to factor in the suppression of natural, biological sexual urges...

WAIT WAIT WAIT, I'm not saying, we are naturally inclined to find children sexually attractive...

but when you take a vow of celibacy, and suppress your "carnal urges", anything and everything seems fu*kable.

I mean, the men here...
who took the "No Fap" challenge...

I mean, after four or five days, how horny were you guys? serious question
Celibacy requirements for a priest is unBiblical. So every normal gay attracted to women will never become a Catholic priest. And you therefore get priests with "other attractions."

Bold strategy, Joe. Let's see how it works out for him.

For the sake of argument only - ok, let's say it's "statistically proven" that homosexuality leads to child abuse. This is, of course, absurd, but for the sake of argument.

Who do we blame for the Church covering up the scandals and shielding the guilty from the consequences of their most unholy actions?

If they were allowed to marry like they used to be the pedophilia attacks would drop dramatically. They need to get their rocks off with a female, that's what their body is telling them, but the pope say 'no!'
The priests are denying their natural desires, so in order to satisfy these urges they pick on the weakest in society.

I wonder what the pope gets up to, wet dreams, wanking, boys, girls?

This is just a case of an establishment head not accepting blame for their actions.

True, but most pedophiles are males who assault younger males. Most pedophiles are homosexual.

But I think pedophilia is most heavily correlated to power games so this Cardinal is a moron.

The Catholic Diocese on the East Coast (US) have been blaming Satan.

If you attempt to completely repress aspects of your psyche, usually you just cause them to resurface in forms that are much more destructive to yourself and those around you.

Powerful avatar to post content connection there

My Xmas season avatar is due for change, true... Not sure what it has to do with my post though.

To clarify, I think laying the blame for pedophilia on homosexuality is very dumb.

My Xmas season avatar is due for change, true... Not sure what it has to do with my post though.

To clarify, I think laying the blame for pedophilia on homosexuality is very dumb.

It was just a joke pointing out what appears to be satan locking up a young boy and licking him, in a thread about Catholic pedophilia

For the sake of argument only - ok, let's say it's "statistically proven" that homosexuality leads to child abuse. This is, of course, absurd, but for the sake of argument.

Who do we blame for the Church covering up the scandals and shielding the guilty from the consequences of their most unholy actions?
Indeed, the Cardinal is actually attempting to divert attention from the fact that the Catholic Church have failed those poor innocent children.

Back