Homeless veteran says couple who raised $400K for him are 'hypocritical,' won't give him money

Not surprised at all by this.

So....he spent 25k on his FAMILY, LEGAL BILLS and drugs. So probably most on drugs but not all. They bought him a trailer and parked it on their own land, then kicked him out....wtf. Like he is not a pet. The money is his. Give it to a guardian, he is entering rehab now anyway, dole the rest out slowly. Looks like the couple bought a new BMW and took some fancy trips.

I get being like well you just wasted 25k which we don't know really know exactly what he spent on what but ...you fucking raised it for him. Like oh here is 1/4 of what you are owed thanks we will keep the rest. I would not be upset if they spent like 30k on themselves not 200k plus.

Jail for a month and restitution. But they probably will just have to pay it back.

So....he spent 25k on his FAMILY, LEGAL BILLS and drugs. So probably most on drugs but not all. They bought him a trailer and parked it on their own land, then kicked him out....wtf. Like he is not a pet. The money is his. Give it to a guardian, he is entering rehab now anyway, dole the rest out slowly. Looks like the couple bought a new BMW and took some fancy trips.

I get being like well you just wasted 25k which we don't know really know exactly what he spent on what but ...you fucking raised it for him. Like oh here is 1/4 of what you are owed thanks we will keep the rest. I would not be upset if they spent like 30k on themselves not 200k plus.

Jail for a month and restitution. But they probably will just have to pay it back.

I think someone said they had some youtube videos of them gambling in Atlantic City on slots, they were trying to set up a youtube page and make money off a slot machine gambling channel looks like they deleted it.

You cant lie to people donating this is foul shit man straight up dishonest and swindling how the hell did they think they would be able to get away with this? you put your self on nationwide TV for days its a stop story online, these people have to be dumb, aka dumb criminals or crooks.

Oh god the greatest irony of the 21st century will be if they have to give a homeless man their house to settle the debt

They're now all being charged with fraud because the story was a fabrication and they conspired to sell it.

_104362388_bobbittmccluredamico.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46221766

Probably highlighting again why enterprises like gofundme are on dodgy ground legally compared to normal charities.

Normal Charities..most are the biggest crock of shit going..I do understand your point being legally specific..

Gofundme is dumb, people that donate are dumb.

Help people/friends/neighbors you see in need irl, not donate to sad stories.

Normal Charities..most are the biggest crock of shit going..I do understand your point being legally specific..
It’s true. Very little of your donated money actually goes to the cause. You’re basically paying some fat cats salary while pennies on the dollar actually get put to use.

If they spent any of the money on themselves then they could and should be in a fair amount of trouble because the money would likely be considered a trust, making them trustees. If the courts reach that conclusion then by spending it on themselves that’s a breach of their fiduciary obligations and breach of trust, and they’d be liable for damages for any amounts spent on themselves, and any assets in their possession purchased with those funds would also have to be handed over.

If they spent any of the money on themselves then they could and should be in a fair amount of trouble because the money would likely be considered a trust, making them trustees. If the courts reach that conclusion then by spending it on themselves that’s a breach of their fiduciary obligations and breach of trust, and they’d be liable for damages for any amounts spent on themselves, and any assets in their possession purchased with those funds would also have to be handed over.

You didn't read the update in post 66. This was a scam from the start that all three participated in. One got greedy and wanted more money. That got them too much attention and investigators determined the whole thing was based on a lie.

You didn't read the update in post 66. This was a scam from the start that all three participated in. One got greedy and wanted more money. That got them too much attention and investigators determined the whole thing was based on a lie.

giphy.gif

Lol. They could have all got off with some nice $$$ but the homeless guy felt he didnt get his share and sued the other 2 for more even though he was in on the original scam. What an idiot lol.

It’s true. Very little of your donated money actually goes to the cause. You’re basically paying some fat cats salary while pennies on the dollar actually get put to use.

I tell everyone who will listen, charities are complete bullshit. If you want to do good work and give back get on the front line and do it. My wife and I cared for a ferrel cat community of 35 cats for 4 years, feeding, building shelters, spaying etc..

You see the middle aged waitress on her feet all day, hook her up, you can tell who needs it. My wife and I will be traveling in our Motorhome full time, I am looking into helping elderly and vets who need ramps built for wheelchair access.

I’m giving these examples to illustrate just a few ways you can donate time and money while cutting out the middleman...Peace

Sorry, but this isn’t true in most cases. Yes, there are some really bad charities out there, some of which rise to the level of criminal enterprise, but there are many out there that are very efficient with donations.

People should do their research, but being cynical and telling people to never donate money is counterproductive. How do you donate your time to AIDS research? Are you going to open up your house to homeless people? Sure, you can serve dinner at a soup kitchen, but your free time isn’t going to fund scientific research or build a shelter for battered women. Money is very necessary.

Sorry, but this isn’t true in most cases. Yes, there are some really bad charities out there, some of which rise to the level of criminal enterprise, but there are many out there that are very efficient with donations.

People should do their research, but being cynical and telling people to never donate money is counterproductive. How do you donate your time to AIDS research? Are you going to open up your house to homeless people? Sure, you can serve dinner at a soup kitchen, but your free time isn’t going to fund scientific research or build a shelter for battered women. Money is very necessary.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/5/19/8625467/ftc-cancer-charity-scam-lawsuit

Back