Homeless veteran says couple who raised $400K for him are 'hypocritical,' won't give him money

If the couple won't give all the money to the homeless guy which they have used to advertise for their go fund me account, they should refund the rest of the money back to the donors instead of spending it on themselves

I can understand why they would be hesitant to just give it all to him. Apparently, he spent $25k on drugs in a week. But hey, if I was given $400k, I might do the same thing. Of course, I would invest the remainder and this guy will probably spend it all on drugs. But so what? If that’s what he wants, I say let him do it.
I would invest it into an awful lot of drugs. Just being honest here.

They have to give that homeless crackhead veteran his money, because when you set up a go fund me and go public and say its for the homeless guy the people who donated are not donating to You they are donating to the homeless guy

If they want they can set him up with a guardian or conservatorship who helps him avoid spending his money on drugs, get him rehab and I think Britney spears dad was her Guardian conservator and Mike Tyson had something similar, I remember Tyson said he would beg and beg his accountant to give him money which mike said he was going to use to buy cocaine but his accountant only gave him money for things like clothes, living expenses food.

But if this couple is spending that money for themselves that is wrong, that is misleading and fraud, they said all that money was for him from what I remember when this story broke.

The issue with Go Fund me is a lot of fraudsters using tragedy to make money

If they start policing to see if the Go Fund Me donations are used for the purpose specified, there would be a lot of people in trouble.

I fully understand not giving this guy all the money. If he really is an addict, I wouldn't want to just give him the money for him to kill himself with drugs. But if there's any dough that they don't want to give to him they need to return it to the people who donated. You can't fuckin spend it yourself, people donated it for this guy - that's fraud if they spent it on themselves! I'm a cynical person so I think that everyone involved with this story is probably an asshole and/or an idiot.

If I donated to this cause I'd understand it would likely end up in his veins. The original deed was pure. Let the man have his $400,000 of heroin.

So they raised money for this guy but decided not to give it to him? Seems like they didn’t expect to get so much and there was no way they were gonna give him 400k. They played on people’s kindness by using somebody else’s issue for their own gain. Not really news especially on gofundme. Lots of bullshitters on there. Like the ones that fake illnesses.

D’Amico has said Bobbitt spent $25,000 in less than two weeks in December on drugs, in addition to paying overdue legal bills and sending money to his family.

He won the Layne Staley lookalike contest fairly squarely now give dyat man his 'no for drug' money.
kate-mcclure-johnny-bobbitt-1-abc-jt-171126_hpMain_3_4x3_992.jpg

The guy could blow through all 400k in an hour if he wants to. The people donating knew he was homeless and they donated to him anyways. The couple has no right to think they shouldn’t give it all to him and spend it on anything else. I would be pissed if I donated and found out they were holding on to it.

He won the Layne Staley lookalike contest fairly squarely now give dyat man his 'no for drug' money.
kate-mcclure-johnny-bobbitt-1-abc-jt-171126_hpMain_3_4x3_992.jpg
Maybe he is Layne Stanley. I mean the shoe fits even the habit
<seedat>

Something doesn't sound right. If he was a drug addict, he never would've given the woman $20 to begin with. Addicts don't do that.

whats the legalities when it comes to gofundme ?

anyway he git his camper and blew through 25k.

i can see why the couple suddenly became greedy, wouldnt you. surely the stupid gofunders could have stopped donating after 10k.

i say let the couple keep the money.

Fuck this nonsense. Why let the drug dealers benefit from good intentions of donors because some supposedly military trained dude doesn't have self-control or determination in life?

I say get an accountant to trace the money, the couple will have to hand over every single cent that's not been spent/given to the homeless guy. Then ASK THE DONORS to decide on whether they want to hand over all the remaining cash to the druggie or have it refunded.

The guy could blow through all 400k in an hour if he wants to. The people donating knew he was homeless and they donated to him anyways. The couple has no right to think they shouldn’t give it all to him and spend it on anything else. I would be pissed if I donated and found out they were holding on to it.
I think its considered fraud because the people who donated the funds didnt donate to the couple the gofundme was set up and publicized all over for the homeless man.

I think there were people who got in trouble for frauding using go fund me as well.

Back