Homeless Eddie

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MC Paul Barman, Oct 2, 2013.

1. MC Paul Barman

MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

Anyone ever chat with homeless people? Seeing the Ian McCall thread made me think of Homeless Eddie.

I usually with start up conversations with homeless people if I'm by them. If you watch most people interact with the homeless they typically will turn the other way to even avoid eye contact. If the homeless person is saying something to them, they'll act like they don't hear anything.
    That's gotta suck.

I mean, we all do the wrong thing from time to time.... and we usually bring our own hardships upon ourselves. But imagine being view so poorly from others that the bulk of your fellow members of humanity won't even look in your direction.

So if I'm by a homeless person I'll usually chat with them. One sticks out in my mind.

I was at subway in downtown Milwaukee.... and sitting at the table next to me was this homeless guy eating the sugar in sugar packets and drinking water. He seemed really nice. There was some show on the tv about wisconsin sport figures. He and I started chatting about the Madison Badgers or something.... then I just asked him, "do you want me to buy you something to eat?". He just replied, "No that's okay. I'm fine."

Being a bit shocked and skeptical I start thinking, "sure, he doesn't want food.... but if I offer him money I know he'll take that to buy booze or drugs". So I thought what the heck and asked if he needed any money; "Nope, I'm fine. Thanks for the offer though." I was blown away. He just went right back to talking about the Badgers player that was on tv.

He is missing teeth, always wearing the same beat up/tattered brown pants and blue hooded sweatshirt.

I would see him around the downtown area quite a bit. He'd be leaning up against a building, doubled over.. looking like he was going to pass out. And people would just walk by. He'd look in a real bad way. Like, if you'd see any non-homeless person like this you'd probably call an ambulance.

Every time I'd see him I'd try to offer him money but he'd never take it. But always very considerate about it.

One morning I was going for a little walk and I saw him sitting on the ground, leaning up against a building.... looking in a bad way. I went up to him, "Eddie... there's got to be something I can do to help. Food, money, whatever.... you tell me."

Eddie's response, "Thank you very much for the offer. But I'm fine. I don't need too much. With beautiful weather like this I'm usually pretty content. But thanks for talking with me."

this guy is something else.

2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg tread lightly

Lets see how upbeat Eddie is in January.

3. MC Paul Barman

LOL....

Eddie's been around quite a bit.
    I'm sure he'll make his way.

4. NRFC

NRFC Brown Belt

I went to give a homeless guy in my city some food (fried chicken - good shit btw). Anyway he turned up his nose and said no thanks... I was like "really?!" Must be a lot of generous people here to be able to turn down a good meal.

5. Goat Meal

Goat Meal Shhh Belt

One time I threw a handful of change on the ground at a homeless person and then drove away.

6. Poser Caust

Poser Caust Green Belt

I let this homeless guy sleep in one of my dead trucks in the backyard for about two years, he was eventually able to sober up, now he runs his own power washing business and is doing just fine, he got back with his ex wife and they couldnt be happier.

7. MC Paul Barman

seriously?

Pretty damn cool of you.

8. SwamiLeoni

SwamiLeoni Silver Belt

I saw a homeless guy sitting out side the gas station with a sign this morning. I brought him out a gas station sandwich. He was pretty happy about it.

NOFX has some cool songs about the homeless.

9. MC Paul Barman

Good man!

10. SwamiLeoni

SwamiLeoni Silver Belt

Thanks man, just the guys wave to me as I was leaving was a good feeling.

11. Street Level

Street Level Black Belt

On the mend but skipping physical therapy
    The drunker I get, the more cash I hand out to the homeless here in Las Vegas (downtown is fun to party in, but theres a lot of homeless).

Kids and homeless are the two groups of people I feel some compassion for.

12. NurseKnuckles

NurseKnuckles My Mom's stronger than you belt

Homeless guy sitting in front of a restaurant looked like he had blood on his abdomen. I stopped to look. He had removed his colostomy bag and couldn't get it back on. The red I thought was blood was just the ostomy (Stoma). I went across the street to a pharmacy, found some medical tape and helped him get it back on. Told him to get to a hospital to change that thing, probably fell on deaf ears.

Few days later he killed a dude who was riding a bike in a parc.

13. RawDawgBob

RawDawgBob Like's; 100,000,000,000.69

Sometimes i sleep with the homeless.

14. M o A

M o A Banned Banned

You>>>>the rest. Love over money and sandwiches yo.

15. 22k

22k ベルセルク

we've had a few locals back in Flushing, New York growing up.

there was this fucking grotesquerie we all used to all "Baby Doll". how she earned that name God knows how. she tried to grab one of my boys when we were skating at full capacity down this hill & he was freaked the fuck out. she always used to ask for money with the nastiest of attitudes to buy alcohol & cigarettes. she wasn't the type of person you would pity, rest assured. one of my boys said he flashed her once & swears that it was orange. I swear I try so hard not to believe him but the mere thought of it makes his face go as pale as milk - I shit you not.

anyways this ogress still trolls hard through good ol' Flushing harder than ever - except now she wears children clothing, ratty torn up & extremely inappropriate in every regard trying to speak like a child screaming " dollar? dollar? I need a one dollar?"

oh SHIT, MIND BLOWN

this reminded me of another character from Flushing too. there was this fucking mid-aged dirty as all hell homeless dude who always hung out by 109 Precinct. I once left the deli & tried to hand him some pocket change. he suddenly stands so fucking tall & angry to reveal a shiny as hell gold belt & says "YOU THINK I'M POOR MOTHERFUCKER??" I was 13 at the time & me & my buddies dipped the fuck out cracking up.

few years later I started high school & I started to see him every morning, he used to ask so innocently for cash & when we'd gesture "no" he'd suddenly get all dark & angry, saying " I'ma cut your throat out, I'ma cut your throat out. I know where yo' parents live" hahahha

16. 22k

22k ベルセルク

home <33

17. riitzni

riitzni Silver Belt

Toluca Prison, hanging with the convicts and carvi
    Nah, he's just been to Portland.

18. ajmonsta

ajmonsta Banned Banned

The only time i give homeless money is when they have a dog with them. I feel so damn bad for the dog. Dogs are the most loyal friends on the planet and they'll stick by you even tho you literally only have them.

19. blink_man182

blink_man182 Black Belt

I have offered food a few different times.

When I was in Vegas on vacation, I saw more than one case of a homeless person pan handling with their son/daughter and having a sign exploiting the fact that the kid didn't have food. Made me sick thinking about how bad I felt.

Also I feel horrible for homeless people who have pets. To be that lonely goes both ways as far as the pet/owner relationship goes. It is better than being completely alone on both sides though.

Only part I actually like about The Day After Tomorrow was the homeless guy and his dog. Glad they both lived.