Home treadmill recommendation?

You really gotta be careful buying used, even relatively new used machines. Warranties only cover for the person who actually purchased the machine in the first place, and you might wind up having to spend a few hundred straight off the bat getting it up and running again. You wouldn't believe how many people I get bringing in machines that they've purchased online for what they thought was a bargain but now need a few hundred dollars to replace or repair parts.

Good advice. I would only buy used if I could verify that I could get parts to perform repairs myself and they didn't cost a fortune comparatively. But not everyone would want to perform repairs themselves anyway, so that is a very sound piece of advice. There are certainly times when buying new can be a benefit over used.

Word.

I sell, assemble, deliver and repair treadmills for a living. I've seen all sorts of shit go wrong with them. Believe me when I say that dropping the extra cash on a bigger, sturdier unit is the way to go. You really do get what you pay for.

If you're going to be running regularly, the treadmill will need a minimum of a 2chp motor and also a running deck about 500mm wide by 1400mm long. Something with a good weight rating is important too.

On another note, make sure to carry out regular maintenance on your treadmill in order to make sure the belt and running deck don't fuck out.

Any thoughts on the FreeMotion 1500gs ?

4.25 HP
22" x 60" Treadbelt

It was real quiet when they had it going smooth. However, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the brand or anything else you can suggest.

Any thoughts on the FreeMotion 1500gs ?

4.25 HP
22" x 60" Treadbelt

It was real quiet when they had it going smooth. However, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the brand or anything else you can suggest.

Very nice treadmill, especially for domestic use. I'm not going to lie though, I'm more familiar with their commercial range. Still, I've been impressed with their products- and the parts warranty it has is excellent too.

Hands down the best treadmill reviews and advice:

https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/treadmill-review-brand-index

There are so many brand out there, but only a few of them are carried at my local fitness stores.

The issue is:
1. Finding which brands you store sells
2. Finding some reviews on makes and models your store sells.

I have found 1 review of the machine I was looking at and someone was complaining about some squeaking. Squeaking sucks, but thats 1 review out of likely over a hundreds unit sold. It's hard to find positive reviews. Most people (speaking from experience) expect things to be good when they buy them and what you're happy with a purchase it's expected. However if something is sour you're all over the internet telling how crappy it is. So negative experience got spread but none of the people who like it give any feedback.

I've looked at treadmills and for what I'd have to spend it's cheaper to just get a gym membership in the winter.

I've looked at treadmills and for what I'd have to spend it's cheaper to just get a gym membership in the winter.

Yeah this. If you got a 25 dollar gym membership instead of a 2500 treadmill, it would take over 8 years before the treadmill costs less.

Back