Home security

Just buy the sign and sticker that alerts robbers you have a security system lol

This is honestly probably just as effective as anything else. Maybe add a dog to the equation as well.
Cameras can give a good sense of security, or maybe help with your car being broken into or something, but it probably won't help much in the end anyway.

If you do install cameras, I'd avoid wireless ones. Hardwire with POE. Pretty sure you can get dvr's with cloud storage as well. I'd probably prefer both anyway.

Too many features to mention, but another one is the two way audio. I recommended Hikvision to you because of their low price and hard to argue with quality they pull off with seldom issues higher quality ones can often do.

I brought up tape reviews for the purpose of reminding you to set your NVR password to a burly big dog because once you set your DDNS, people try to break in all the time and they succeed. I only watch it in reality if we get a service call but that's the boss's wish. My smart customers are the ones that listened to me. Because they changed their password like I said, and voila, if I don't get an RTSP feed, I can tell the smart ones from the ones that require a telephone call from me to remind them what bad people do with home footage done live. Case the joint and have the option of seeing up close which one gets the D if said burglar is feeling a bit rapee on heist day, or as I call it, should have changed your fuckin password day

If you need to know anything, I'm here to help brother.

Rear window smashes are extremely common for burglary calls I respond to. Having good, solid multi-pane glass helps to some extent. As others have said, ensure you don't have unlocked rear gates to dissuade the run of the mill criminal.

I don't have any, except a dog that'll probably allow you to stroke the shit out of him.

Double lock my door and windows and I have home insurance.

Hey Bravo Four. Based on your repeated recommendation on Hikvision, it looks like the average price point for each component of a system will run $150 whether it be a single cam or DVR. Do you have a recommendation for an entry level Hikvision package for the regular consumer who lives in suburbia? Is Amazon the best place to buy their products?

Back