Home MMA program for knee rehab. Please give FB.

Tjmcvey2011

White Belt
Reaction score
First post but ok I'm a 17 year old senior baseball pitcher coming off reconstructive knee surgery. I'm 6'3" and walk around at about 191 but I'm dropping to 185. I'm by no means fat or ripped,im completely average,never lifted a weight in my life but I have an 82 mph fastball. Anyways, I want to get into MMA to get me back into shape for baseball (March) as soon as I get cleared by my ortho and PT. I'm buying a 100lb everlast heavy bag,everlast evergel ta8 heavy bag gloves,tapout mouthguard,everlast handwraps,a cup(already have UA compression shorts and fight shorts),and UFC training/spar gloves. I'm looking to get in amazing shape by March by doing training around the house,running,and maybe lifting weights. I don't own a weight set and honestly idk my bench or anything. I'm kinda leary of weights because for all I know 75lbs could be my max or if I did something right,it could be 175. Any tips for home workout programs are very welcome but keep in mind I'm coming off knee surgery and have til March to do this.

I would probably replace the everlast bag gloves and hand wraps for something better in the same price range. If you have access to a debit card I would suggest these items on a budget range.

Limited Edition IMF Tech Training Gloves - Hook & Loop-www.Ringside.com

NSF1 coupon code for free shipping. These are easily much better than any everlast/ufc training glove you were planning on buying.

Traditional Handwraps-www.Ringside.com

Make sure to get at least 180" for your hand wraps. Most people tend to like the Ringside, Cageside, Grants, and Cleto Reye's wraps.

I'm not sure why you need a mouthguard unless you plan on sparring or grappling. If you're not doing any of those, then you can skip the mouthguard. If you intend on sparring, make sure to look into a good headgear.

Last but not least, if you're interested in getting into shape I highly recommend you check out Joel Jameson's book on mma conditioning. Welcome to 8 Weeks Out. It's 40 bucks, but WELL WORTH the money. You'll be able to take the knowledge you learn in that book and apply it to baseball. The first step to getting in shape for baseball is understanding which of the energy systems get taxed the most in baseball, and train accordingly. To be honest, if you want to get into shape for baseball, you'd probably have more resources at a conventional gym, where you could use the methods described in Joel's book more effectively, but if you want to hit the bag because it seems fun, then by all means. Good luck!

Last edited:
I would probably replace the everlast bag gloves and hand wraps for something better in the same price range. If you have access to a debit card I would suggest these items on a budget range.

Limited Edition IMF Tech Training Gloves - Hook & Loop-www.Ringside.com

NSF1 coupon code for free shipping. These are easily much better than any everlast/ufc training glove you were planning on buying.

Traditional Handwraps-www.Ringside.com

Make sure to get at least 180" for your hand wraps. Most people tend to like the Ringside, Cageside, Grants, and Cleto Reye's wraps.

I'm not sure why you need a mouthguard unless you plan on sparring or grappling. If you're not doing any of those, then you can skip the mouthguard. If you intend on sparring, make sure to look into a good headgear.

Last but not least, if you're interested in getting into shape I highly recommend you check out Joel Jameson's book on mma conditioning. Welcome to 8 Weeks Out. It's 40 bucks, but WELL WORTH the money. You'll be able to take the knowledge you learn in that book and apply it to baseball. The first step to getting in shape for baseball is understanding which of the energy systems get taxed the most in baseball, and train accordingly. To be honest, if you want to get into shape for baseball, you'd probably have more resources at a conventional gym, where you could use the methods described in Joel's book more effectively, but if you want to hit the bag because it seems fun, then by all means. Good luck!

And, if you have not purchased a bag yet. Switch your selection to this:

TITLE CLASSIC BANANA HEAVY BAG > Punching Bags & Stands > Title MMA

:icon_chee

Back