1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Home Gym Space

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by ireap, Sep 8, 2010.

1. ireap

ireap Blue Belt

The first thing I want to do is check out whether or not my basement would be ideal to transform into a home gym. While the space is big and wide, the height is not plentiful, only being 6ft. 9inches high.

Can a punching bag fit into this basement. Keep in mind, I'm 5ft. 11 inches myself.

2. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Brown Belt

Is the 6'9 to a false ceiling, or is it to the actual floorboards? If it's a false ceiling and there's space above it, you may be fine, as far as hanging a heavy bag. If it's the total height, I wouldn't think so. There are wall mounting and stands that you can hang a bag off of, but they might not be high enough to work optimally.

I've got about the same space, I'm 5'10 and the ceiling is at the 7 foot mark and I don't have the room to jump rope.

Your place would probably work fine for grappling, and most stand up (shadowboxing, pads with a partner, and the like, though.