Holy @&?! what a fight

The level of technique,heart,pace and wide variety of skills by both guys was unmatched...i can't think of another 5 round fight so highly skilled and tightly contested.

Amazing fight.

This is exactly my point for starting this thread, I can't remember a fight where to guys where this good in terms of skill. They kept an amazing pace mixing in every technique imaginable, from Jones' create and quick kicking game, to Gustaffson's combinations and quick breaking of the clinch. I think it might be the best fight I've ever seen, if there are better fights out there, I'd love someone to point them out.

As soon as I realized Gus was going to make Jones actually work his ass off for a TD I was locked the fuck in. It just got better and better from there on out.

Awesome bout.

Nogeira is coming off the Rashad win, and is a respectable, durable veteran. It would be a great opportunity and a honor for Gustafsson to fight a veteran of the sport, and a last chance for Nogeira to secure a title shot for himself.

I dont think a patty cake victory over Rashad deserves a fight with a man who arguably beat the LHW GOAT

Nah he deserves someone coming off a win after that fight. Henderson is fighting Vitor anyway. I think they'll either give him Mousasi, Chael/Rashad winner, or a rematch with Davis. Not a lot of other options.

Forgot about that. So who should he fight then? Someone also coming from a loss i guess. Henderson, Nogueira or Bader?

Lil Nog has won 2 in a row. Just beat Rashad. What did I miss?
Gus should fight him while Jones fights Glover.
The rematch after that (if they both win) will be huge.

As soon as I realized Gus was going to make Jones actually work his ass off for a TD I was locked the fuck in. It just got better and better from there on out.

Awesome bout.

After Gustafsson actually took Jones down I was standing up and clapping. Man what a fight, I think I've never been this exited at a sports event.

I dont think a patty cake victory over Rashad deserves a fight with a man who arguably beat the LHW GOAT

Other than a Jones rematch, who is a better option? Davis again? Could be fun, but they might not agree to it. Glover? Probly fighting Jones. Rashad himself? could be interesting, with both coming off a loss.

Other than a Jones rematch, who is a better option? Davis again? Could be fun, but they might not agree to it. Glover? Probly fighting Jones. Rashad himself? could be interesting, with both coming off a loss.

Mousasi, Chael/Rashad winner, or Davis. Regardless of his rank I just dont view Nog as a viable contender.

Mousasi, Chael/Rashad winner, or Davis. Regardless of his rank I just dont view Nog as a viable contender.

Mousasi is far less qualified than Nog, no matter what you think of the Rashad fight. Other than that, id be thrilled with your choice of the chael rashad winner. As far as nog not being a viable contender, i sort of agree. I would certainly bet on suga if they fight again. he is in a very weird place with that win and the losses to bader and davis

Agreed. That was a nail biter. The last time I was glued to the screen for a title fight was probably GSP-Condit and this was 10x better and the decision was up in the air for the most part.

I think (& want) Lil Nog to get the next title shot.

IMO he's the biggest threat to Jones.

Better boxing & BJJ.

See him win would be so great but I'm not sure he could get inside of Jones's reach.

Agreed. That was a nail biter. The last time I was glued to the screen for a title fight was probably GSP-Condit and this was 10x better and the decision was up in the air for the most part.

GSP - Condit was a great fight as well but for 95% of the fight it was a confirmation of what we already knew, that GSP is just that much better than the rest of the division. This was expected in this fight as well, but instead we got a back and forth was between two guys who are at the pinnacle of the MMA game techniquewise and physically.

See him win would be so great but I'm not sure he could get inside of Jones's reach.

I'm pretty sure he couldn't. And while Lil Nog is good on the ground, I doubt he would be able to stop Jones from punishing him with elbows, let alone get a sub.

Honestly, Lil Nog isn't an actual contender imo.

Good god, Machida vs Gustafsson would be awesome as well, consider Machida fighting a volume puncher with very good boxing technique, instead of the 1000th powerpunching brawler.

That would be a great fight indeed. I just want to see both guys fight again asap! This fight was awesome, and I already loved both guys, but this made them my favorites.

After the first round I stood up and was applauding both guys, alone in my living room lol. Best fight in years. Even better than Shogun/Hendo in my opinion.

Agreed that fight was miles ahead of the shogun/hendo fight ,the shogun hendo fight sucked in the last two rounds the former never did.

Mousasi is far less qualified than Nog, no matter what you think of the Rashad fight. Other than that, id be thrilled with your choice of the chael rashad winner. As far as nog not being a viable contender, i sort of agree. I would certainly bet on suga if they fight again. he is in a very weird place with that win and the losses to bader and davis

The only reason I would like to see him fight Mousasi is because it was scheduled previously

Agreed that fight was miles ahead of the shogun/hendo fight ,the shogun hendo fight sucked in the last two rounds the former never did.

In the Shogun - Hendo fight the thing you had to appreciate was the hearth of both guys, the amazing power and determination of Hendo, and the ability to absorb and come back by Shogun. But in this fight both guys showed the same kind of hearth, while keeping pace for 4 and a half rounds and the amazing technique on display by both guys.

I hope this is the new standard in MMA, two intelligent, amazingly good fighters going at it at full speed and who never stop coming. If I was a light heavyweight fighter fighting either one of these guys, I'd be worried. Both guys showed the barely have any real holes in their games, they're both so fucking good everywhere.

It was amazing.

That was just an absolute beaut of a fight..technical from all aspects of combat. Shows what Mixed Martial Arts is truly about.

Back