Holy thread pollution! I'll add another. ***NOT A ROBBERY***

When you want someone to win i.e all the canelo haters mostly, you will zone in on your dog and be blinded about the other fighters success. If you only watch one fighter you only get half the fight. Casuals are the worst about this.

It seriously hinders their ability to judge the match as a whole, this is why you see the bias. Anybody that watched it and knew what they were watching as a whole is calling it like it is, a "very close fight" which could have gone either way.

I had it a draw and think it's amazing to see 2 fighters so seriously evenly match at such a high level.

You implied that someone who saw it 116/112 as opposed to 115/113 was way off.

Do you just look for shit to argue about?
He has a point though. And I haven't seen the fight yet. For the judge that just doesnt score 10 - 10 rounds and forces themselves to pick one guy per round, it's very possible for 3 razor close rounds to have the same guy get the nod all three times. Doesn't mean in any way that guy is dominating, he just happened to get the edge in each close round...That's how a large score discrepancy happens in close fights. I know you know this....

People think a big score means one guy is getting his ass kicked, when that may not be it at all.

He has a point though. And I haven't seen the fight yet. For the judge that just doesnt score 10 - 10 rounds and forces themselves to pick one guy per round, it's very possible for 3 razor close rounds to have the same guy get the nod all three times. Doesn't mean in any way that guy is dominating, he just happened to get the edge in each close round...That's how a large score discrepancy happens in close fights. I know you know this....

People think a big score means one guy is getting his ass kicked, when that may not be it at all.
Exactly. I hate that when people criticize a score that is one point off from theirs.

If you have a fight with 10 close rounds, its entirely possible for a judge to see all of those rounds for one guy.

@PUO3 , if you want to combine all the crazy threads into this one at some point, feel free. I know it will die down, but us regulars are making the same points in like a half dozen different threads. lol

Not that it matters, we would be sharing our opinions regardless. But if you feel the need to clean up, merge on into this one if you like. Won't bother me.

Exactly. I hate that when people criticize a score that is one point off from theirs.

If you have a fight with 10 close rounds, its entirely possible for a judge to see all of those rounds for one guy.

As close as that fight was, I have to agree that anyone arguing any score from 115-113 for either (or even 116-112) or the draw just doesn't understand how the three vantage points for the judges can skew a few rounds and that there can be some styles favored, lots of things that don't make anyone "wrong" or mean that it's a "robbery" or anything was fixed.

Now if we're talking about the first fight decision,...
;)

Seriously, though. This is a silly one to argue. So close last night. Great fight, too.

I was really hoping for a GGG win, but thought Canelo took it with the final round. I hope we can see GGG in some big fights still, he clearly still has a lot to give. Not sure how likely it is that the third fight will ever happen.

1000% agree with you TS. No robbery at all. the fight was very very close and it could be a draw. No fixed judges, I genuinely feel the fight was super close and some of the rounds were draws.

I watched the fight live on TV and I was not really scoring but I thought it was super close and I was thinking it could be like a split decision or draw again. .....

..... so a few hours ago I watched it again but this time on mute, if you put the fight on mute and erase all the voices of Lampley and Roy then you can get a better feel. Well it did nothing for me lol.. because watching it on mute I was still confused, and honestly a lot of the rounds were draws, you can't say either guy won some of the rounds.

If you say Canelo slightly won then you are RIGHT
If you say GGG slightly won then you are RIGHT
If you say its a draw then you are RIGHT.

its all subjective when a fight is so close like that. Just depends on the person.

Back