Holy S--- can this chick can rip some vocals!

Open discussion uhh...

That's you speaking straight out off your stupid ass.

no retard, that's me being realistic in an era where everyone is pushing shitty music out of every fucking genre. You may be okay with it, but the fact is most of ANY genre sucks. Whether it's metal, pop, country, etc. There is so much shit you don't listen to, and you won't even admit it. You're pretty pathetic.

no retard, that's me being realistic in an era where everyone is pushing shitty music out of every fucking genre. You may be okay with it, but the fact is most of ANY genre sucks. Whether it's metal, pop, country, etc. There is so much shit you don't listen to, and you won't even admit it. You're pretty pathetic.
You're not being realistic... you're just pretending that "you know" your shit and being a dick all around. Everything changes, so it's the music. If you don't like it, cool, you can always come back to listen your old shit grampa, you're not speaking the truth about music... you're not even discussing in here. You're only hating all over it, and that makes you a fucking whining bitch, which it has been confirmed.

You're not being realistic... you're just pretending that "you know" your shit and being a dick all around. Everything changes, so it's the music. If you don't like it, cool, you can always come back to listen your old shit grampa, you're not speaking the truth about music... you're not even discussing in here. You're only hating all over it, and that makes you a fucking whining bitch, which it has been confirmed.

Not being a dick to anyone. I am on this sub-forum liking new music all the time you dumb fuck. Just an hero.

Not being a dick to anyone. I am on this sub-forum liking new music all the time you dumb fuck. Just an hero.
I don't care what you do on regular basis. You're a dick in general as I showed you. Also, lol at you "liking new music".., that is such a contradiction you absolute idiot.

R7XxivN.jpg

I don't care what you do on regular basis. You're a dick in general as I showed you. Also, lol at you "liking new music".., that is such a contradiction you absolute idiot.

You don't care what I do on a regular basis but you care enough to make up shit. You inferring something incorrectly doesn't make me a dick. You're a waste of server space you dense mother fucker. You don't even see the irony in your posts.

You don't care what I do on a regular basis but you care enough to make up shit. You inferring something incorrectly doesn't make me a dick. You're a waste of server space you dense mother fucker. You don't even see the irony in your posts.
Lol sure... talking about irony:

Agreed, but I also think music of every genre in general is trash. Very few bands are the best obviously.

Should I believe you son?

Most music in any genre can be regurgitated dirt and I can like new music.

Both statements can be true you dumb fuck.
Of course that both statements can be true. It also sounds contradictory as fuck as the same stupid person mention it in the same thread.

<21>

Well said smartass.

You are being a bit of a cynical douche. Whether you care for the style or not the band does have talent. I'm 39 and have been playing guitar since I was 8 years old. I also play the bass and drums and have played out professionally. I'm no virtuoso, but I'm a decent musician that knows what it takes to play every instrument in a rock or metal band.

There is music genres that I don't care for like black metal for instance, but I'm not going to try and take away the talent it takes to play some of that stuff. Like I said you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but to say that anybody on Sherdog could be in the band in the OP is pretty stupid.

You are being a bit of a cynical douche. Whether you care for the style or not the band does have talent. I'm 39 and have been playing guitar since I was 8 years old. I also play the bass and drums and have played out professionally. I'm no virtuoso, but I'm a decent musician that knows what it takes to play every instrument in a rock or metal band.

There is music genres that I don't care for like black metal for instance, but I'm not going to try and take away the talent it takes to play some of that stuff. Like I said you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, but to say that anybody on Sherdog could be in the band in the OP is pretty stupid.

I am extremely wary of production, and the tools commonly used among artists.

I too, don't particularly care for a majority of the black metal, but there are musicians and groups that stand out in the genre compared to all the rest. That's not being a cynical douche, that's just realistic. For every Jimi Hendrix there's a million people who ware worse than Jimmy Vaughan.

It's not stupid, none of them are doing something me or you couldn't do. Period.

I am extremely wary of production, and the tools commonly used among artists.

I too, don't particularly care for a majority of the black metal, but there are musicians and groups that stand out in the genre compared to all the rest. That's not being a cynical douche, that's just realistic. For every Jimi Hendrix there's a million people who ware worse than Jimmy Vaughan.

It's not stupid, none of them are doing something me or you couldn't do. Period.

I can see both your points.

As a bass player that loves and finds inspiration from all genres of music (Cassiopea to Gorgasm) I think we can agree Steve that after playing for a while and getting to know your instrument, there are artists (specifically in metal) where you listen to them and you think...eh...heard it before, what's the big deal.

Since we're talking about Jinjer I'll use them as an example.

Objectively listening to this, musicianship wise doesn't blow me away. I don't listen to this kind of metal nor do I shit on it so if I come across it, all I can take away from it is their musicianship and to me I don't see why they stand out( I mean I see why but musicianship wise). Again, not picking on Jinjer they're just the band being discussed. There are MANY big name bands where I can say the same for. Some I listen to but it's because I like them but that comes down to preference and ignoring their lack of technicality.

Example:

Mortician

I LOVE Mortician but as a bass player I know Will is no virtuoso lol. Objectively I can say they're average but when I listen to them I know it's Mortician. Even if you take away Will from vocals, I know it's them. To Bamboozled's point, Mortician stands out. That unbelievable heavy, distorted bass; the intro samples; that love it or hate it drum machine.

Here's an example of another band I don't listen to but they're unquestionably impressive with their musicianship:

I honestly think if you take away Jinjer's female vocalist and replaced her with a man, they would have nowhere near the success...don't kill me Jinjer fans, just saying.

Now do I think Bamboozled is exaggerating when he says anyone on the dog can play in Jinjer, yeah lol but I see what he's saying. Best way I can put it is it would be much easier for someone to cover Jinjer than Beyond Creation.

Last edited:
You are tone def if you think the band sucks. They are great musicians. Yes there is some effect like reverb and maybe some chorus on the vocal and some production there, but it's a live session. If you look up their live performances you can see that she can hit those notes.

The band doesn't "suck", but they're generic as fuck (yes, even within that genre). The soft melodic singing, then growling death metal shtick, we get it.

She doesn't hit any notes that blow the mind (remember, women typically have a much wider range then males), that growling type vocal style is certainly much easier to do vs a screaming Mike Patton/early Chino type thing. There is nothing original or interesting here, imo.

Wow lot of cynics in this thread. I have found the video very impressive, she's probably the most skilled female growler that I've seen. I think she said she was inspired by Otep. I don't know what's with all the bitching.

Since we're on the topic of female vocals in metal, I thought I'd drop Som Plujimers in here. If you never told me a female was the vocalist I would have never known. Great low gutturals.

Who'da thought?
Som-Pluijmers.jpg

here's what I consider a great female singer

Back