Holsters: Recommendations, Likes & Dislikes.

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
Time to discuss all things holsters. I am looking for new IWB and not only need some recommendations but thought it might be interesting to see what everyone prefers as far as makers and styles. Are you an IWB fans, OWB or Drop Leg holster fan? Do you swear by a manufacture and if so, a particular product. Do you have a preference for clips or belt slides? So speak up Sherdog, speak up.

90% of the time a roll with Raven concealment or Crossbread.

For anything outside I use a Safariland 6354DO or 6384RDS with my 19X. It’s the GOAT.

For anything outside I use a Safariland 6354DO or 6384RDS with my 19X. It’s the GOAT.
The raven holsters look nice but seem to be just for Glocks. I'm carrying a Sig P320 Compact Carry

Got the Safariland 578 Pro Fit LG compact

A Desantis Nemesis pocket holster for my Kel Tec .32 and Galco Stow n Go IWB for my Glock 19.

I’m a bit of a holster whore. I have a ton and have tried everything from custom kydex to hybrids, leather, and remoras and sticky’s.

After years of trying things out, I’m sold on kydex from AIWB (I have a skinny build). My top 2 choices for that would be an Incog Eclipse or a TXC.

Here’s a pic of my 43 in my TXC holster.

There are holsters that provide the fastest production for firing. These are the so-called tactical models. They are worn openly, due to this, and the fastest extraction of weapons is achieved. An operational holster allows you to carry weapons covertly, without attracting much attention, and at the same time spend quite a bit of time preparing for firing. This explains the greatest distribution of such products, both among professionals, and among amateurs.
My recommendation https://leather-toolkits.com/reviews/best-leather-shoulder-holsters/
Did you just recommend a shoulder holster???
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Did you just recommend a shoulder holster???
giphy.gif
I use a Galco shoulder for my 1911. Fuck carrying that brick on a waist band holster.

My IWB is either an Alien Gear or a Odin

For the outside the waistband tacticool carry I like the G-Code or Odin mid ride with a thigh strap.

I use a Galco shoulder for my 1911. Fuck carrying that brick on a waist band holster.

My IWB is either an Alien Gear or a Odin

For the outside the waistband tacticool carry I like the G-Code or Odin mid ride with a thigh strap.
I’ve tried to carry my 1911 IWB but found it way too uncomfortable. It’s commander length, but has ambi safeties which just dig into my hip. No bueno.
I finally picked up a P365 that I traded for a Glock 43 and fuck is it a dream to comfortably carry AIWB 12+1 in such a small package.

I'm a huge fan of Concealment Express for IWB. Their stuff is solid and reasonably priced. Duty holsters have always been safariland, which are great if you get the configuration right.

I do have a drop leg for hunting and a SHTF kit. Drop leg is great if you're wearing a backpack with a hip belt (hunting), or have armor on that rides down toward the waist a bit.

I'm a Safariland guy for duty and OWB with retention holsters (have to use that for court).

Concealed I am just using a 5.11 IWB single clip one for now. My dad carries and uses alien gear and has no complaints. I'll probably pick one up soon.

I have something like this from Galco for my Glock 19.

hst-17-1206_a.jpg

And this for my Kel Tec 32.

kel-tec-p-32-review.jpg

Back