Holm vs Tate

I completely get why it's still the main event. McGregor is the biggest star in MMA right now. But I still think they're doing a disservice to the sport by not pushing Holm more.
100% agreed. They may decide to commit if Holly looks great against Miesha and gets a lot of buzz again.

The main event is a title fight for the McGregor belt.

I think you could put Holm on a main event but against Tate? How are they going to promote that fight? The woman who starched Ronda fighting the girl that got her ass beat by Ronda twice?

Agree 100%. She's on the card but they don't promote her as the champ or the one that ktfo rousey. She could be so marketable if they weren't glued to rousey

That's just it, they now have a well spoken nice champ who is a good fighter, but isn't an ego maniac who makes stupid claims and talks shit. Dana probably doesn't know how to promote honest people.

The fans now seem to need the drama as much as the skill.

I think Holm/Tate will remain Co-Main so that McGregor gets a 5 round fight. I think Diaz will make it a decent fight, so that decision could be warranted.

Yeah .. didn't expect the fight to get moved up, just properly promoted is all. Holly and Miesha deserved that much .. hell, the entire WBW division needs all the promoting it can get.

Yeah .. didn't expect the fight to get moved up, just properly promoted is all. Holly and Miesha deserved that much .. hell, the entire WBW division needs all the promoting it can get.
i think there is a better bantamweight fight on the card , i expect nunes and the bullet to deliver.
holm should win handily unless tate fights the best she ever has.

Holm and Tate are happy to be co headlining and making ridiculous money off of Conor's coat tail. Good for them, and there is absolutely no reason to do it otherwise. McGregor will sell this fight 1000 times better than Holm, but needs to headline if he does so.

I think you could put Holm on a main event but against Tate? How are they going to promote that fight? The woman who starched Ronda fighting the girl that got her ass beat by Ronda twice?

By that logic, no other fights in the entire division matter?

Tate earned her shot, is tough as nails, and never gives up in fights and could make this a tough win for Holm.

Tate at least gave Rousey a fight, the rest of the division almost doesnt amount to a minute of fight time vs. Rousey.

i think there is a better bantamweight fight on the card , i expect nunes and the bullet to deliver.
holm should win handily unless tate fights the best she ever has.

Yup, looking forward to that one just as much too. Can't wait to see how these two beasts are gonna match up. :D

Holm and Tate are happy to be co headlining and making ridiculous money off of Conor's coat tail. Good for them, and there is absolutely no reason to do it otherwise. McGregor will sell this fight 1000 times better than Holm, but needs to headline if he does so.
Yeah I was going to say this. Holm and Tate probably have no problem with Conor selling the card and being the headline. They will get paid a lot and can concentrate on the fight and not promoting the fight. They like each other so no juicy fake beaf or trash talk to sell the event. I am sure they are more than happy to get the exposure and money from being on a Conor card.

By that logic, no other fights in the entire division matter?

Tate earned her shot, is tough as nails, and never gives up in fights and could make this a tough win for Holm.

Tate at least gave Rousey a fight, the rest of the division almost doesnt amount to a minute of fight time vs. Rousey.
She didn't give her a fight, she survived for 3 rounds. Tate winning is the end of the WBW title being on PPV, I don't think she can though. You can promote other fights with women like Zingano & Nunes who have some violent finishes in their UFC career as opposed to LnP to decision.

I agree, the fight was largely ignored. You can thank all the Rousey haters who are more concerned with her loss than Holm's win.

I agree, the fight was largely ignored. You can thank all the Rousey haters who are more concerned with her loss than Holm's win.

Agreed .. that didn't help matters for Holly.

She didn't give her a fight, she survived for 3 rounds. Tate winning is the end of the WBW title being on PPV, I don't think she can though. You can promote other fights with women like Zingano & Nunes who have some violent finishes in their UFC career as opposed to LnP to decision.
Tate is one of the better tv draws

I disagree. :) Dana put her on a card with Conor to get her even more exposure. She was on a card with Ronda that got over a million buys. She got her name out by beating Ronda. Now she will be on a card that features Conor, which will sell over a million. Assuming she wins and fights Ronda again soon, she will be on three cards in a row that will have sold over a million buys. Thats money in the bank. He could of put her on her own card, which wouldnt sell nearly as many PPV buys as this one. So she is getting paid and fighting in front of huge audiences without having to worry about hyping the fights and can just concentrate on fighting.. Im not sure if their has been a fighter in UFC history that has been in multiple million dollar buy cards without having to actually sell the card themselves. Hes hooking her up and you know darn well Rondas comeback will sell the next PPV... and Ronda will be selling it by fighting the only girl in MMA to beat her. Holly making bank.

When Ronda retires to have Travis' babies WBW goes permanently to fight pass.

images

I guess you have to look at it as a older prize fighter who fights for money.Say you got 1 dollar for every PPV buy, Would you rather headline your own PPV that sells 300,000 and have to worry about promoting the fight, or fight on a PPV that will sell over a million and you can just concentrate on the fight and not have to worry about promoting it? None of that stress of promoting and you will earn a much bigger pay day and knowing if you win you will be in what will probably be one of the biggest fights in UFC history. (Ronda rematch)..another pay day. A younger fighter might want to headline but a female fighter in her mid 30's I think you are happy to get that money, fight in front of millions and just concentrate on the fight.

Conor sells more PPV than Tate and Holm combined. That's pretty much why.
Lets say Holm vs Rousey was the co-main. Do you think the UFC would still headline with Mcgregor vs Diaz? probably not. Holm has huge marketability and the UFC should recognize this. When you think about it with a win over Tate, Holm will have more title defenses than Mcgregor.

Last edited:
Back