Holm vs Tate

JohnWick

The Baba Yaga
Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering why the UFC didn't move this fight up as the main event instead. Doesn't make sense to have a co-main title fight and not the main event. Anyone else wonder this?

If it wasn't a card with McGregor on it it would probably be moved to main event.

Just wondering why the UFC didn't move this fight up as the main event instead. Doesn't make sense to have a co-main title fight and not the main event. Anyone else wonder this?

Conor sells more PPV than Tate and Holm combined. That's pretty much why.

Without Conor, this is a 300,000 buy card. With Conor, it might beat Brock's record.

Conor isn't a human being, he's a god.

But seriously though, agreed.

no one expects tate to be competitive; this is just filler until ronda comes back. tate fell ass-backwards into this opportunity and she matches up horribly with holm.

As a co-main to a non-title fight with almost zero promtion for her fight.

Agree 100%. She's on the card but they don't promote her as the champ or the one that ktfo rousey. She could be so marketable if they weren't glued to rousey

no one expects tate to be competitive; this is just filler until ronda comes back. tate fell ass-backwards into this opportunity and she matches up horribly with holm.
Kinda like Ronda did

When Ronda retires to have Travis' babies WBW goes permanently to fight pass.

They want the McGregor and Diaz fight to be a 5 rounder. If they bumped the title fight to main then the fight would only be 3 rounds as co main.

I didn't expect Holm/Tate to be moved up to main however, I did expect a whole lot more promotion for this particular fight. I mean, Holly did dethrone the UFC's biggest draw in 2015, they should be marketing the hell out of that .. it's a great selling point, imo. Helping to elevate Holly's mainstream status could only help make a potential rematch with Ronda that much more successful ..

Guess Dana is still unable to confront the reality that Ronda is no longer Champ. :rolleyes:

I didn't expect Holm/Tate to be moved up to main however, I did expect a whole lot more promotion for this particular fight. I mean, Holly did dethrone the UFC's biggest draw in 2015, they should be marketing the hell out of that .. it's a great selling point, imo. Helping to elevate Holly's mainstream status could only help make a potential rematch with Ronda that much more successful ..

Guess Dana is still unable to confront the reality that Ronda is no longer Champ. :rolleyes:

I think Holm/Tate will remain Co-Main so that McGregor gets a 5 round fight. I think Diaz will make it a decent fight, so that decision could be warranted.

Meh, perhaps the promotion for Holm/Tate hasn't been the best but before RDA pulled out just recently, wasn't there a whole bunch of people wondering where the promotion was for the whole card in general? As for the first point, if you think McGregor is going to be co-main any time soon, no matter the circumstances, you're lying to yourself.

Meh, perhaps the promotion for Holm/Tate hasn't been the best but before RDA pulled out just recently, wasn't there a whole bunch of people wondering where the promotion was for the whole card in general? As for the first point, if you think McGregor is going to be co-main any time soon, no matter the circumstances, you're lying to yourself.
I completely get why it's still the main event. McGregor is the biggest star in MMA right now. But I still think they're doing a disservice to the sport by not pushing Holm more.

If Holms and Tate were to hold a press conference, would you expect more than 222.000 people view it live?
Ariel Helwani reported that Conor & Nate presser had 222k+ live views. I read on an MMA news site that it peaked around 360k live views. Conor vs Nate is the main reason why people will buy the PPV, its no brainer to have that fight as a main event.

Back