Holm-Tate will be closer than a lot of people think

Okay?

giphy.gif

Mmm I can't see it to be honest. I hope to see a good fight don't get me wrong, but I think Holm schools Tate on the feet and her defensive wrestling and TDD is too good for the fight to go elsewhere (see GSP's coach breakdown Holm's performance against Rousey). IMO the only chance Tate has of doing any damage is against the clinch but even that's a stretch because of Holm's strength. I think Holm and coach Wink will have done a thorough examination of Tate's game and planned and trained accordingly. You've got a perfect combination of tactical masters Winklejohn and Jackson and the perfect student Holm who trains with arguably the GOAT.

I think McGregor Diaz will be closer than a lot of people think, more so than Holm Tate. The odds (according to the bookies) favour a McGregor KO in round 1. I can't see Diaz overextending like an emotional Aldo or attacking with defenses down. I think Diaz will do well especially as he is a southpaw. I think it could go the distance but I concede a solid left from McGregor could come at any point (IMO not likely as I think Diaz will be wary of it). Just like on Holm I've had a small flutter on a Diaz KO or submission.

I hope both are good fights.

Last edited:
Unless Tate gets Kaitlyn Younged again I think it'll go to the cards.

For the noobs:

I disagree, maybe not as savage as the Holm-Ronda fight but it will be just as onesided, Tate has never gone 5 rounds in the UFC and I don't think she has a single finish in her UFC career either, Holm is strong enough to negate the takedown and her clinch game is pretty solid, Miesha is just as bad of a striker as Ronda. Miesha is a solid fighter but she's just not in the same ballpark as Holly & Ronda when it comes to strength and athleticism.

Taint eats too many punches - which is no bueno against Holly.

The only thing I see helping Tate in this fight is the fact she has a brick for a head.

Close in my book.

Tate had the upper body advantage even before her operation. Turd Cutter is even a bigger spread. I think that Holly wins by a nose in this one.

First I read the header and I was like

8883507.gif

But then I came face to face with the sheer argumentative force of your starting post and was like

youre-right.gif

She is a tougher fight for Holly than Ronda imo. I think it's close with a slight edge for Holly.

I think Holm hits cruise control and decisions Tate.

One thing is certain. Tate will NOT be rushing in on Holm. This makes be believe this fight will go to decision.

Puhlease...

As soon as Holly gets her range and rhythm going, its all over...And I dont think it will take long tbh...Hopefully after Holly wins, she will get another fight prior to Rondas long away return...

Back