Holm/Tate how you see it going?

Holly wins RD1 somewhat easily. Miesha pressures her good at a point, landing a few strikes.

RD2 a little the same but with Miesha getting Holly in the clinch against the cage & even landing a td, Holly gets up fairly quick though. Tough one to call.

RD3, more the same except Miesha holds her down after the td landing some good shots. They get up at the end of the round, where Miesha lands a very nice strike that slightly rocks Holly. Staggers would perhaps be a better word.

RD4, like RD3 minus the rocking, Miesha finds the sub :D

I see Miesha showing her durability while Holly tee's off on her at will until she is finished.

Tate has nothing for Holm.

She excels in no particular skill, she's unathletic, sluggish, and all around doesn't have any explosiveness. She'll plod forward with her grit and determination for 2-3 rounds, surgically being picked apart.

But she won't be devastated by the loss, since she has strong character and will, unlike Rounder Rowsey.

I certainly would bet on Holly. But Tate has gotten to see the Rousey fight and will definitely be smarter at defending herself from straight lefts to the head. I see Holly kicking more as Tate is not moving forward as much as Rousey. If Tate gets ahold of her, she will be patient and may be able to hang on for a while which may wear Holly out or open up a sub op. Tate may also land a wild looping punch or two and set up a takedown that way. If the fight gets on the ground I think Tate will keep it there longer than Rousey did.
I see a 5 round unam decision for Holm. But a 20-25% probability of a sub for Tate.

Holm is powerful in strength and mobile. Tate will attempt to close the distance and turn it into a dog fight. Holm fends her off and tees off ok close exchanges. I guarantee Holm keeps Tate at bay to win a conservative decision.

I don't think Tate is so aggressive she gets KO'd.

Holly wins RD1 somewhat easily. Miesha pressures her good at a point, landing a few strikes.

RD2 a little the same but with Miesha getting Holly in the clinch against the cage & even landing a td, Holly gets up fairly quick though. Tough one to call.

RD3, more the same except Miesha holds her down after the td landing some good shots. They get up at the end of the round, where Miesha lands a very nice strike that slightly rocks Holly. Staggers would perhaps be a better word.

RD4, like RD3 minus the rocking, Miesha finds the sub :D
Miesha has never finished a UFC calibre opponent, now she's going to submit the strongest fighter she's ever fought?

I like looking at Tate, but Holly's going to pick her apart and possibly make strawberry jam.

After the way Holly dismantled Ronda I am going with Holly. I don't see how Miesha will be any different then VS Ronda in dominance.

Honestly I see Miesha taking a cautious approach resulting in the boring pitter patter fighting we saw from Holly before the fight with Ronda.

MMA math is bullshit

Tate vs. Holm is an exciting match up and Tate will probably be more competitive with Holm than Rousey was.

Tate is stronger mentally, and very tough. She has seen and bounced back from adversity, is a better striker than Rousey and has the ability to implement a wrestling game.

I'm picking Holm to win, but it will be much more competitive than Rousey vs. Tate

And how would you justify that Tate is mentally tougher?
Holm got knocked out badly in boxing. She avenged that loss 7 month later, won that fight by UD, with a flawless strategy implemented.
Mentally, Holm is unshakable in my opinion. She's confident, yet not cocky.
Hard to argue that Tate is mentally stronger.

How do I see the fight going?
Tate is overextending with pretty much every punch she throws. She'll be open for counters all day long and miss all the time due to Holly's superior movement an positional awareness.
Thus she'll be forced to shoot for takedowns from way to far out and will be stuffed easily.
She wouldn't get Holm down even if she got a good grip on her, as Holm is way more athletic and uses her leverage better.

I see Holm beating Tate by technical superiority and better gameplanning, while being just as strong, yet more athletic than Tate.

Honestly I see Miesha taking a cautious approach resulting in the boring pitter patter fighting we saw from Holly before the fight with Ronda.

It's called sandbagging. She was holding back. It's common practice in boxing to bait fighters into fights. This was discussed a hundred times already.

MMA math is bullshit

Tate vs. Holm is an exciting match up and Tate will probably be more competitive with Holm than Rousey was.

Tate is stronger mentally, and very tough. She has seen and bounced back from adversity, is a better striker than Rousey and has the ability to implement a wrestling game.

I'm picking Holm to win, but it will be much more competitive than Rousey vs. Tate

Tate's striking looks just as average as Ronda's to me. I don't know how you can say that she is mentally stronger either. It wasn't like Ronda quit in her loss, she got KTFO.

I do think it will be a closer fight though, because Tate is used to losing and will keep composed rather than make more mistakes if she's losing the fight. Come to think of it, perhaps you're right and that's a form of mental strength?

I see a harder fight than Rousey for Holly :) But in the end I see Holm winning

It will go down as either :

A - Ronda gets rocked early and it's over by round2, round 3 at the latest

or

B - Holly's judo defense is good, but Olympian level ? Doubtful... She gets caught in an armbar in the first or 2nd round.

--- I am praying for A.

It all depends on Holly's girth on her neck before she enters the fight.

Back