Holm: "Rousey is beatable"

Ronda, best butt in WMMA

2B155B0800000578-3185216-Playing_tourist_Ronda_flashed_her_lacy_black_bra_in_a_backless_b-a-2_1438780381701.jpg
What year of high school are you in this year, little buddy.

Great post, except you won't get sense out of Ronda's fans.

Everything Holm does and said here is tactical, intelligent, and respectful. She answered every question properly as a fighter and as an analyst of fighting.

Now to look through this thread and see what the idiots have picked out of that to hate her over!:)

I don't see anything to hate her for. I do think this will be a very though fight for Holm and Holm is an underdog for a reason. That's no reason to hate her though.

I expect to see a lot of hype for Holm these next few months. It's time to start building her up as a world beater.

Obviously, it remains to be proven but Holm looks like a top 3 fighter easily. Other than Cat and Ronda, I don't see anyone beating her.

I know: everyone criticizes her for the Pennington split decision but while Holm didn't shine that night, the judge who gave two rounds to Pennington was on crack. Typical Fighter x wins because 'octagon control' bullshit.

Holly Holm is definitely one of the few opponents I could see giving Rousey issues. I still see Rousey winning, but Holm has more of the right stuff, more then Cyborg who I think would just end up getting clinched and throne like the rest.

At least Holm would attempt to utilize footwork and distance striking...

I think Holm wanna say she is unbeatable. Of course she is unbeatable with these recent fighter UFC have.

Watching Holly fight and hearing her talk, I am confident in her coming in and performing to the best of her ability.

Unlike most of Ronda's opponents, she is not going to enter the cage mentally broken, make stupid tactical mistakes and self-destruct. Even Ronda's fans must appreciate that.

I'm thinking this same thing. I also will be rooting for Holly. Mainly because I'd like to see Ronda tested and in an actual, competitive fight. I think Holly is capable of point-fighting her way to a win.

Watching Holly fight and hearing her talk, I am confident in her coming in and performing to the best of her ability.

Unlike most of Ronda's opponents, she is not going to enter the cage mentally broken, make stupid tactical mistakes and self-destruct. Even Ronda's fans must appreciate that.

Wut?

Rousey judo trip>>>>>arm bar>>>>>Holm taps in first round

'Wut' is right. You didn't understand a damn word I wrote.

Wut is 100% right....you make no sense....nothing about Holly....nothing you typed...makes me believe that she won't lose in about 50 seconds .....another lamb to slaughter...."she won't fold mentally".....why not? Because you said so???? Ninja please

I'm not sure. She was shaking on the way to the cage against Pennington (Octagon jitters, perhaps) and I think as a fighter, she's mentally scarred from her Anne Sophie Mathis defeat in boxing. I believe that's a big factor in her often being unwilling to pull the trigger in the cage. She might freeze up in front of Honda and 70,000 people.

I hope I'm wrong. I'll be rooting for Holly and hope it's going to be a competitive fight.

Wut is 100% right....you make no sense....nothing about Holly....nothing you typed...makes me believe that she won't lose in about 50 seconds .....another lamb to slaughter...."she won't fold mentally".....why not? Because you said so???? Ninja please

I'm not trying to convince anyone. I've posted a vid where Holm talks about the fight and made some observations.

But thanks for adding you voice to the 'armbar in 60 seconds' crowd though - it's very important that everyone shares your opinion before the fight starts.

That's because she was a mediocre fighter, plopped into a title shot "because horsewoman killer" ...fucking LOL.

Leaving aside everything else debated in this thread, if you don't see Cyborg doing surprisingly well in the fight against Baars, you are trying too hard to prove a point, with all due respect. That was an impressive display from Cyborg. It was a competitive fight.

More on the real subject of the thread, war Holm, and may she surprise us. As you said, she is a professional, and I like her.

But Cyborg, as a more well-rounded MMA fighter than Holm, would be even more interesting to watch against Rousey.

Leaving aside everything else debated in this thread, if you don't see Cyborg doing surprisingly well in the fight against Baars, you are trying too hard to prove a point, with all due respect. That was an impressive display from Cyborg. It was a competitive fight.

More on the real subject of the thread, war Holm, and may she surprise us. As you said, she is a professional, and I like her.

But Cyborg, as a more well-rounded MMA fighter than Holm, would be even more interesting to watch against Rousey.

I just can't agree with you on the Cyborg/Baars fight. The only thing that impressed me about Cyborg, and that made it an exciting fight, was her physical strength and ability to take big shots. From a technical standpoint, she looked bad: boxing, kick defense, clinch fighting all looked B level.

Also: earlier in the thread I mentioned that Baars hadn't fought MT for 1.5 years before taking the Cyborg fight. Seems like I was wrong as Baars said in an interview that it was actually 3 years. That's pretty significant.

At least she is being modest about her chances.

Ronda will start the fight with a brutal pace as she'll want to prove she can beat Holm within 30 seconds as well. I hope Holm can survive these first 30 secs.

Nobody, not even Holly, could have expected her to jump as many people as she did. This is really a no-lose situation for her. Ronda beats her? So what, she beats everybody and normally in about a minute lately. If she does well in defeat she raises her stock. She definitely raises her exposure and will make a good payday. And there is still the hope of a huge upset. And even if she loses, by the time the people ahead of her that should have got it are done, Holly might be right back there. And if not, then this was a total gift. So she probably is just happy with her luck and not feeling much pressure because it is all good pretty much no matter what happens.

Last edited:
Holly could very well last longer than almost all of Ronda's opponents. I think Holly's chances of winning are very small but I think she possibly can last for awhile.

I would not be shocked if Ronda ends it in under a minutes.

I would not be shocked of Holly gets on her bicycle and can survive via defensive striking for a round or two.

I am picking Ronda to win, It just might take awhile for Ronda to catch her or she might catch her early.

This fight should have a different look than Ronda's other fights.

Back