Holm is not ready but seems the UFC pressured her to fight Ronda early

By the look of her in the cage, she is 2-3 years away from being well rounded enough to be a legitimate challenge for the title.

I think she will be even less of a challenge in 2-3 years.

She isn't being rushed.

Pressured her?

Losing a big money title fight to Rousey was exactly what she was signed for. If she fights anyone in the top 5 she'll lose. This way she's still 'undefeated'. It's a joke but I highly doubt she was pressured into the biggest MMA fight of her life on the biggest stage.

lol this

i never understand this idea of 'not ready.'

this isn't boxing. Fighters lose, they aren't, usually, bolstered by gigantic egos. Holm will get in there, and be able to survive a round or two against Rousey and know exactly what its like to be in the cage with the best female 135er. That can't do anything but help.

This same thing gets brought up with Mighty Mouse. Look these guys know what they need to do. And we don't want people who are all hype. someone is going to hit that rousey or MM wall and do everything in the power to climb over it. Others are going to hit the wall and never be the same. We want to see the fighters who will try to overcome and dismiss the fighters that mentally crack. The earlier the better.

Holly Holm is a 33 year old woman... it's now or never for her, and either way she doesn't have a chance in hell.

I'd have prefered Cyborg (obviously), Amanda Nunes or Julianna Pena over Holly Holm.

I'm ok with seeing Tate get a 3rd chance, but I don't care if it happens or not.

She is sending out sonar to see how far she can throw leg kicks without landing.

Tom-cruise-funny-face.png

There's no pressure here. Ronda is the only payday in wmma. Holm is 34 and this is her one and only chance to make bank before father time has his way with her.

With consistently unevolving & underwhelming
performances... it's hard to imagine that only a "few
more fights" is what she needs to find that killer instinct.
she either has it or she doesn't. & she's going to get to
test herself against the greatest her weight class has to
offer. If that doesn't get her nipples hard & her out of bed
in the morning... nothing will.

Certainly not any fights with females that she
Knows that she could easily take a split decision
from. Where's the excitement in that??

I need to get a reference for my comment... but I read the majority of Holly's boxing matches were in state (meaning she fought a long list of cans). So her boxing record is sketchy - You can call her the state champ in boxing.... I need to find that source...

Not only that... I'll give you the eyeball test: Did she look like she was one of the "greatest female boxers" in her last two fights in mma? Ha ha. No!!!

She beat Mia St, John, Mary Jo Sanders, Christy Martin, Ann Sophie Mathis. She's definitely in the running. She is in no way a can crusher. Well, not in boxing at least.

So they have to just keep cherry picking girls for her to have shitty looking UDs over the next three years and that will make this a much better fight than it is now?

You don't think she can improve???
Do they just keep feeding Ronda unranked fighters for the next 2 years so she can retire undefeated?

Want a title shot and more money then you've ever made before....or do you want a top five fighter, get paid average money, and risking losing the title shot? Tough choice!

Remember when she demanded an instant title shot two years ago and the ufc didn't sign her because they were protecting Ronda? Now it's "poor Holly".

Holm is old and didn't start grappling until her 30s. She will never be ready.

Holm is 33 and has been training MMA for as long as RR or longer... so she definitely started to grapple in her late 20s.

a month ago when they were announcing tate would get the next shot, holms camp came out and said they are ready to fight ronda.

Back