Holm is not ready but seems the UFC pressured her to fight Ronda early

I don't think Holly was pressured.

Dana: Hey Holl! Want to fight Honda next?!
Holly: No thank you. Cupcakes fighting her next.
Dana: LIARS!
Holly: ts'just what I heard Dana. ts'just what I heard.
Dana: (pulls out more dolla signs) Hey Holl... you want to fight Honda next?
Holly: K.

That was Joe Silva. Dana would have used 10+ f-bombs in that convo.

Agreed she's not ready but EVERY women in her division would accept the fight and Payday that goes with it

awesome. now we will get saturated with hype about how this is going to be a competitive match. Then hear how great rr is after armbaring another can in under 1 minute.

You don't think Jackson would have an incentive to lie? It's possible that he knows there's no way Holly will ever be ready for Rhonda. But it's still in their best interest to to take the fight anyway, take the loss and split the money between the two of them. Money now is better than money 2 years down the line, if there's even going to be a "down the line".

Don't be so sure. Logic doesn't mean anything around here. Especially in Diggem's dumb threads.

But how much more obvious can you get than her head coach saying she's ready? smh.

It seems the UFC has pressured Holm into fighting Ronda waaaaay too early. But Ronda gets to avoid Cyborg at all costs.

Cyborg made weight? I missed it. Until she does, this thread is as stupid as they get.

They should give her less money since she failed to provide them with a single highlight in 30 minutes of ring time against cherry picked opponents.

CM8_hB-UcAAn1Kt.jpg

Don't believe Holm will be more ready than this.
I hope it lasts at least one full round.

Ronda's first amateur fight was 2010, Holm turned pro in 2011 with no amateur career....so no.

When is she gonna be ready then? Her team demanded an instant title shot two years ago when negotiating with the UFC. If they don't have her fight Ronda soon some fringe contender will beat her.

awesome. now we will get saturated with hype about how this is going to be a competitive match. Then hear how great rr is after armbaring another can in under 1 minute.

This all day. Goldie and company will hype Holm into oblivion. "HOLLY HOLM THE BEST STRIKER I'VE EVER SEEN IN WOMEN'S MMA!!11!!" Meanwhile, Ronda beats her in a minute and her tainted legacy continues.

Holm is 33 years old (almost 34) and made her pro MMA debut a few weeks before Rousey. Now ask yourself, which fighter is improving at the more rapid rate of late? It's clearly Rousey who went from zero striking to KO'ing/TKO'ing 3 opponents in 34 seconds or less in her last 4 fights.

I don't see why people keep saying Holm needs more experience. She has the same experience in MMA that Ronda does but she's quite a bit older than Ronda and Ronda is improving at a significantly faster pace than Holly. The fight only gets more lop sided as time goes by. Realistically if you give Holm much more time, she loses to someone else in the division unless you just keep having her fight the very bottom of the division like she's been doing.

I don't want her in the title picture because she doesn't remotely deserve it, not because she's this amazing prospect just a few fights away from developing into a monster that will become a huge and competitive fight for Ronda. She's just not that good. Time to accept it, folks.

When is she gonna be ready then? Her team demanded an instant title shot two years ago when negotiating with the UFC. If they don't have her fight Ronda soon some fringe contender will beat her.

By the look of her in the cage, she is 2-3 years away from being well rounded enough to be a legitimate challenge for the title.

Back