Holm is not ready but seems the UFC pressured her to fight Ronda early

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It seems the UFC has pressured Holm into fighting Ronda waaaaay too early. But Ronda gets to avoid Cyborg at all costs.

Holm should put this fight off as long as possible until she gets more fights under her belt and puts some muscle on like Ronda has done when avoiding Cyborg.

Pressured her?

Losing a big money title fight to Rousey was exactly what she was signed for. If she fights anyone in the top 5 she'll lose. This way she's still 'undefeated'. It's a joke but I highly doubt she was pressured into the biggest MMA fight of her life on the biggest stage.

Pressured her?

Losing a big money title fight to Rousey was exactly what she was signed for. If she fights anyone in the top 5 she'll lose. This way she's still 'undefeated'. It's a joke but I highly doubt she was pressured into the biggest MMA fight of her life on the biggest stage.

Love this.

At least she's actually a life long martial artist and pro fighter and not a fucking accountant like Do Nothing Bethe.

Who cares? They both have the same amount of time to train. And they're both going to get rich. And we get entertainment.

I don't see a problem.

Have you seen her last two fights??? She was booed in both of them.

She is not ready. She's going to get thrown on her head. Does she even have a ground game?! Lets go ahead and say no.

This is a horrible match up. Way to soon.

It was too soon for someone but not for Holly.

Holm can't put on any more muscle and still fight at 135, she is 5'8 1/2 probably and I read she cut 22 lbs for her last fight.

If anything it's too soon for Ronda.

You're never ready, you go when you're ready enough.

She's been fighting in mma for longer than Ronda and her camp says she's ready. What more do you want?

It seems the UFC has pressured Holm into fighting Ronda waaaaay too early. But Ronda gets to avoid Cyborg at all costs.

Holm should put this fight off as long as possible until she gets more fights under her belt and puts some muscle on like Ronda has done when avoiding Cyborg.

this is great for holly. this gives ronda less time to attain even beginner level boxing footwork.

why are we bitching here?

Do you new holly "fans" have zero confidence in holly? did you think it was a fluke?

Holm was a highly protected fighter throughout her boxing career.

Ronda is probably gonna wreck her within a round.

Last edited:
pretty sure this was before the first fight happened and look at how that turned out. good bump

You do realize this thread was about their first fight, right?

Hahah no I didn't. Thanks for pointing that out. I thought this was about the recently announced rematch.

Amazing. It's like threads get dumber as the day goes on.

She's been fighting in mma for longer than Ronda and her camp says she's ready. What more do you want?

Holly will last 30 seconds just like everyone else....Just because she is a striker doesn't mean that Ronda won't take her immediately down.

Holms management wanted a title fight within a year of her in the ufc. They are getting Exactly what they asked for.

She is not ready. She's going to get thrown on her head. Does she even have a ground game?! Lets go ahead and say no.

Holm will surprise. Ronda can't take her lightly. I would still like to see Holm get at least 1 more fight, but hey you can't say no to a title shot.

I don't think Holly was pressured.

Dana: Hey Holl! Want to fight Honda next?!
Holly: No thank you. Cupcakes fighting her next.
Dana: LIARS!
Holly: ts'just what I heard Dana. ts'just what I heard.
Dana: (pulls out more dolla signs) Hey Holl... you want to fight Honda next?
Holly: K.

Holm is no spring chicken and can't afford to pass up opportunities like this. If she loses, she'll come back stronger and maybe get a rematch, if she's any good.

Remember when she demanded an instant title shot two years ago and the ufc didn't sign her because they were protecting Ronda? Now it's "poor Holly".

Holm is old and didn't start grappling until her 30s. She will never be ready.

She's as ready as she's ever going to be. She's one of the greatest female boxers on the planet and has been fighting in mma for longer than Ronda herself.

Either you give her a title shot now or you wait for her to lose to someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back