Holm + Bethe = 0 top 10 wins

TheRuthlessOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We now live in a time

Where back to back challangers for the Women's Bantamweight Championship have a total of 0 top 10 wins

WHO WANTS A TITLE SHOT

You can get one

and you can

I dont know who you are but sure here is a title shot

oprah-gif.gif

I am not bothered by it, the division is still pretty new and undeveloped. Holm is undefeated and been pretty flawless so far. Correia got the shot cause Ronda called her out and they did the fight in Brazil

Rousey hasn't beaten Nunes, Evinger, Eye or Holm yet. I guess Holm is easiest to sell and undefeated. Every fight except Cyborg is a stay busy fight for her though.

We now live in a time

Where back to back challangers for the Women's Bantamweight Championship have a total of 0 top 10 wins

WHO WANTS A TITLE SHOT

You can get one

and you can

I dont know who you are but sure here is a title shot

oprah-gif.gif
They have only 1 Top 15 win between them. Yet, I suspect Holm will be moved up to the Top 5 for promotional purposes, same as Bethe was.

Rousey hasn't beaten Nunes, Evinger, Eye or Holm yet. I guess Holm is easiest to sell and undefeated. Every fight except Cyborg is a stay busy fight for her though.
Holm isn't ready for this fight, yet, IMO. She hasn't even faced a Top 10, and it feels like they're feeding Holm to Rousey, prematurely. God forbid, Holm has time to become a serious threat.

Nunes was a far better option, I think, at this point. Oh well.

I thought Holm looked very suspect against Pennington, and frankly she just needs more experience. This should be another quick Rousey submission.

Nunes on the other hand, looked really scary and on point on her last two. She was also beating Cat up in her fight...

People bitching about top 10 wins as if top 10 wins mean anything. They're all getting finished in seconds consistently, what difference does it make? Holm is a long-time, credentialed combat athlete who's going to get crushed, Tate already had 2 chances and will get crushed a 3rd time. What's the big deal? It's the Ronda Rousey can crushing show and it's entertaining.

Meh it's how the ufc rolls these days. It's the same in the men's division. Rankings and win streaks don't mean shit.

Not to mention Holm hasn't even looked impressive in the UFC. Bethe at least finished somebody.

Bethe was Rousey worst opponent EVER!
Seriously she was gifted the decission over Kedzie but I didn't really feel it justified.
However Holm is a different story, really accomplished boxer and she seems really capable in her last fights. I agree it is early to grant her a titleshot but I can live with it.
It would be better if Holm fought 1 girl from the top 10 but then she could lose, so they would just lost another contender, so I understand it.

Reneau was ranked in the top 10 when Holly beat her, no?

Reneau is a good WBW fighter. Bethe beat the dregs of the division. This isn't as bad as that shot. It's still pretty bad though. If they weren't gonna give it to Tate, Nunes was the clear next best option

People bitching about top 10 wins as if top 10 wins mean anything. They're all getting finished in seconds consistently, what difference does it make? Holm is a long-time, credentialed combat athlete who's going to get crushed, Tate already had 2 chances and will get crushed a 3rd time. What's the big deal? It's the Ronda Rousey can crushing show and it's entertaining.
nailed it.

Not to mention Holm hasn't even looked impressive in the UFC. Bethe at least finished somebody.

If you dont think the Renau fight was impressive then I dont know what to tell you. She pretty much dominated from start to finish and turned it up in the 3rd round

Reneau was ranked in the top 10 when Holly beat her, no?

Reneau is a good WBW fighter. Bethe beat the dregs of the division. This isn't as bad as that shot. It's still pretty bad though. If they weren't gonna give it to Tate, Nunes was the clear next best option
Oh I didnt knew that my bad.

Holm isn't ready for this fight, yet, IMO. She hasn't even faced a Top 10, and it feels like they're feeding Holm to Rousey, prematurely. God forbid, Holm has time to become a serious threat.

This is how I feel, she hasn't looked impressive, hasn't beaten anyone worth mentioning. She still needs time to develop and get comfortable. She looked like she was barely starting to get there in her last fight, she needs at least 2 or 3 more fights imo before a shot. I agree, it feels like they are feeding Holm to Ronda now that she's not a bigger threat. In a way keeping Ronda safe (not that she needs it), but minimizing the chance for her to lose.

Back