Holly subbing Tate.

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
How suprised would you be if Tate took down Holly then gets submitted?

Would be pretty epic on Hollys part.

As surprised as if Tate KOs Holly standing.

I can't wait to see Holly completely outclass Tate and send her into retirement.

I love Queen Holly (blessed be) but I do I want to see her on the ground to see how she deals with it. I don't want her to turn into another Junior Dos Santos that can only stand and have no backup plan. All indications from her trainers is that she is very good on the ground but just hasn't had to use it. The same was said about JDS though.

Hopefully Tate puts her down at some point and we can see her BJJ.

One minute...(pictures them "grappling")

Ron-Burgundy-Stare-and-Nod.gif

Edit

Last edited:
I hope Sherdog is mouse quiet after Tate beats Holly.

Edit - but that's not possible. Conor is on the card too. Win or lose for him Sherdog is probably going to crash.

I don't know if Coenen is overrated or Tate is underrated, but when Tate submitted her, I remember being surprised. Tate's striking has been consistently sub-par, with some power but non-existent defense. My point is, Holly should play to her own strength (striking) and not play to Tate's (grappling).

I love Queen Holly (blessed be) but I do I want to see her on the ground to see how she deals with it. I don't want her to turn into another Junior Dos Santos that can only stand and have no backup plan. All indications from her trainers is that she is very good on the ground but just hasn't had to use it. The same was said about JDS though.

Hopefully Tate puts her down at some point and we can see her BJJ.
What back up plan did JDS need. He lost to 2 excellent grapplers.

I don't give Tate any chance in this fight, she will either get dominated for 5 rounds or finished in 3, I will go with the second.

What back up plan did JDS need. He lost to 2 excellent grapplers.

Wrestling? Clinch work? BJJ? He let Cain bury his head into his chest for 50 minutes and didn't have an answer for it. He stood and traded with a K-1 world champion with his hands down and chin up. He never evolved as a MMA fighter. He's a boxer with decent takedown defense that somehow made it to the top.

I really don't see that happening.

I think Holly's defensive grappling should be ok by now, but I don't think she has good offensive grappling yet.

The only way this might happen is if Holly already destroys Tate standing and Tate is so fazed that Holly somehow manages a RNC or something.

Holly by armbar. Purely for the irony.

I just think Holly is too strong for Tate. The only way I see Tate winning is if Holly gets caught with a lucky shot. She ate a questionable one before taking Ronda down but recovered quick, anything's possible.

Wrestling? Clinch work? BJJ? He let Cain bury his head into his chest for 50 minutes and didn't have an answer for it. He stood and traded with a K-1 world champion with his hands down and chin up. He never evolved as a MMA fighter. He's a boxer with decent takedown defense that somehow made it to the top.
He lost to 2 guys. You make it sound like he's some sort of bum. That K1 champion has been tko'd by lesser guys so trading with him seemed liked a terrific idea. You think he was gonna grapple with Reem or Cain. Let's not forget he knocked out Cain as well. Cain didn't just bury his head in chest either he mixed up his striking and wrestling and fought 2 excellent fights. Anyways I'll drop it , not trying to derail thread.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if the bout was half as competitive as Holly is acting like it's going to be. Rousey beat on Tate for three rounds. Tate will be lucky to make it to the third round.

I'd be surprised if the bout was half as competitive as Holly is acting like it's going to be. Rousey beat on Tate for three rounds. Tate will be lucky to make it to the third round.

Stylistically I think Tate will give Holm more problems than Rousey did. If she doesn't move straight at Holm the entire time she'll already be more of a challenge, haha. But yeah, I could definitely see Holm finishing her at some point.

Stylistically I think Tate will give Holm more problems than Rousey did. If she doesn't move straight at Holm the entire time she'll already be more of a challenge, haha. But yeah, I could definitely see Holm finishing her at some point.

Tate reacts better to getting hit in the face as well, and getting pressured period, so that gives her an advantage. At best, Tate could dream of losing a 5-round decision.

Back