Holly Should Have Fought Like That Against Nunes

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Grappling really affects Nunes cardio and Holly is a master in the clinch. I think she's the most physically strongest at 135; she can out-muscle these girls with ease. I think she should have done the same against Nunes, but she chose to stand right in front of her, which was a bad game-plan.

Holly should never "fight" like that again lol

LMAOO! It's not the most exciting thing to watch, but it's effective. She really gassed GDR out in the later rounds by holding her against the cage and GDR's cardio is much better than Amanda's.

LMAOO! It's not the most exciting thing to watch, but it's effective. She really gassed GDR out in the later rounds by holding her against the cage and GDR's cardio is much better than Amanda's.
its a valid part of a strategy for sure.....but if its the only strategy thats pretty lame and not fighting but holding

its a valid part of a strategy for sure.....but if its the only strategy thats pretty lame and not fighting but holding
I agree. If Holly was able to do land more knees and elbows then it wouldn't be so bad, but she chose to throw punches to Raquel's body, which didn't do any damage.

Last edited:
Hard to close the distance against Nunes when she’s fresh.

No one can live with Nunes in round 1. Surviving round 1 and basically giving it up is merely part of the strategy in beating her.

I agree. If Holly was able to do land more knees and elbows then it wouldn't be so bad, but she chose to throw punches Raquel's body, which didn't do any damage.
Someone has never been hit at all

Holly is the most boring fighter ever

no clue how she gets cheered so hard

Grappling really affects Nunes cardio and Holly is a master in the clinch. I think she's the most physically strongest at 135; she can out-muscle these girls with ease. I think she should have done the same against Nunes, but she chose to stand right in front of her, which was a bad game-plan.
Both of these posts can be correct at once- and they are.

Nunes is not Pennington. When Holly clinched with Amanda in their fight, Nunes threw her around like she was a 90 lbs weakling.

I don't think you can call that fighting. I'm so glad i decided to skip that "fight" of hers.

Holly shouldn't fight again in general. Shes old as fuck. For fighting you know, not for the earth.

Holly might get another chance this year.

Not a lot of competition at Bantamweight

I don't see how punches to the body when your holding someone by the cage can cause damage.

You never boxed obviously. Short shots to the body in the clinch suck the wind out of you and eventually take their toll.

You never boxed obviously. Short shots to the body in the clinch suck the wind out of you and eventually take their toll.
Wow. Thanks for letting me know. I never knew that. I've always thought that they didn't do any damage.

Wow. Thanks for letting me know. I never knew that. I've always thought that they didn't do any damage.

Ah so you were being sarcastic and then followed up with a douche style comment. Typical member here...

Back