Holly knocking Ronda out is the greatest moment in UFC and sports history

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
My wife Still has it as her desktop background haha

135_Ronda_Rousey_vs_Holly_Holm.0.0.0.jpg
that would make for a good mousepad

Best all-time sports moment as in specific moment is super debatable, I honestly don’t think I could even compile a list. But if you’re saying “moment” in a more general sense, I’d say the ‘04 Red Sox coming back from a three game deficit to the Yankees to win the ALCS and going on to sweep the Cardinals to win their first World Series in 86 years is the greatest.
Lol, this guy talking baseball!

I think the excitement it generated here is a tribute to how much Sherdog respected Rousey's abilities.

If she wasn't such a bad ass, her getting knocked out wouldn't have been such a big deal.

I think if she'd had a real camp behind her and not Capitaine Drakkar, she could have beaten Holly. Nunes would have been tough because she hits fucking hard, but if Ronda'd pulled a Maia, she probably could have won that one also.* Ronda's grappling was legit.

*I know that Nunes blasted her into tomorrow and that Ronda did try to grapple. I also know that Ronda didn't really show Nunes' striking enough respect and threw FAR too much offense instead of fighting a patient, defensive fight. She thought she was good enough to throw down. She wasn't.

Last edited:
Thank you queen Holly for ending the reign of terror

Awesome moment? Yes. Best in sports history? Not even close. Jesse Owens, Miracle on Ice, Ali's 3rd title ...not even in the same league.

I certainly enjoyed it. The hype train came to a crashing halt!

Never forget.

That date brought Sherdog together as one.

It was like a holiday.
Heck I think it united boxing fans, Ronda haters, sports pundits etc. Was a magical day.

I’ll never understand why Rousey’s team let her comeback fight be against Amanda fucking Nunes.
Pena would have been the perfect fight. She was unbeaten at the time, talked a bunch of shit, pretty girl and easy for Ronda to beat.
Instead they matched her up with a killer with broken English and no sex appeal. Horrible business move and poor fight strategy.

Just remember every Conor and Jose fan stopped all the talk and we joined as one.

Celebrating with our enemies.

Was truly the greatest moment on sherdog, everyone won. No one lost.

I remember going to bed thinking that it was a foregone conclusion that Ronda would win. But then waking up to the surprise. Initially, I wanted to be sad about it, but then realized that the Ronda I liked, Strikeforce Ronda, was lost a long time ago.

I think the excitement it generated here is a tribute to how much Sherdog respected Rousey's abilities.

If she wasn't such a bad ass, her getting knocked out wouldn't have been such a big deal.

I think if she'd had a real camp behind her and not Capitaine Drakkar, she could have beaten Holly. Nunes would have been tough because she hits fucking hard, but if Ronda'd pulled a Maia, she probably could have won that one also.* Ronda's grappling was legit.

*I know that Nunes blasted her into tomorrow and that Ronda did try to grapple. I also know that Ronda didn't really show Nunes' striking enough respect and threw FAR too much offense instead of fighting a patient, defensive fight. She thought she was good enough to throw down. She wasn't.

Yeah, of course. Ronda had the skills to win both of those fights. And I still think a Prime Ronda Rousey is the best bantamweight ever both accomplishment and skill wise.

Nothing can or ever beat it. EVER.
In all of sports history? It's not even in the top five.
Miracle on Ice
miracle-on-ice-2.jpg
The "Miracle on Ice" refers to a medal-round game during the men's ice hockey tournament at the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, New York, played between the hosting United States, and the four-time defending gold medalists, the Soviet Union.

Rumble in the Jungle
hi-res-Preview_crop_north.jpg
The Rumble in the Jungle was a historic boxing event in Kinshasa, Zaire (now Democratic Republic of the Congo) on October 30, 1974 (at 4:00 am). Held at the 20th of May Stadium (now the Stade Tata Raphaël), it pitted the undefeated world heavyweight champion George Foreman against challenger Muhammad Ali, a former heavyweight champion; the attendance was 60,000. Ali won by knockout, putting Foreman down just before the end of the eighth round.

Shot Heard 'Round the World
e23457cc3997e32fef4cdbdec25d3012.jpg
In baseball, the "Shot Heard 'Round the World" was a game-winning home run by New York Giants outfielder and third baseman Bobby Thomson off Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca at the Polo Grounds in New York City on October 3, 1951, to win the National League (NL) pennant. Thomson's dramatic three-run homer came in the ninth inning of the decisive third game of a three-game playoff for the pennant in which the Giants trailed, 4–2.[1]

Jesse Owens owns Hitler
Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-G00630%2C_Sommerolympiade%2C_Siegerehrung_Weitsprung.jpg
He achieved international fame at the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, Germany by winning four gold medals: 100 meters, 200 meters, long jump, and 4 × 100 meter relay. He was the most successful athlete at the Games and, as a black man, was credited with "single-handedly crushing Hitler's myth of Aryan supremacy".

The Shot
the-shot.jpg
The Shot is the name of the series-winning basket hit by Michael Jordan in Game 5 of the 1989 Eastern Conference First Round on May 7 against the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Richfield Coliseum.[1] It is considered to be one of Jordan's greatest clutch moments, and in the game itself, a classic.[1]

Who could have EVER predicted such an event? I mean a head kick to finish her off? Who?

(See my signature line for the answer and an epic thread)

You serious? Sherdog's glee was a reaction to the ludicrous hype job Ronda was getting despite being a can soccer mom crusher.

Biggest moment in sports history if you were like 14 years old and clueless when the fight happened.

I think my favorite thing about MMA is witnessing those historic moments on sherdog, the thousands of thread getting created. the crow eating. the bragging. the laughing. the crying

my eyes light up when I refresh sherdog when something like Ronda losing, BJ Penn losing to GSP, Fedor losing etc happens

Back