Holly knocking Ronda out is the greatest moment in UFC and sports history

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
Silva-tapping-out-Sonnen.jpg

Nate tapping Conor
Bisping humbling Rockhold
Holly kicking Rondas head off

Top three all time finish

i don't know about sports history, but in mma nothing tops werdum beating fedor. this place was in absolute shock.

I remember how many dorks thought she could knock out Floyd Maywether.

giphy.gif

Worst moment in the history of WMMA.

Would have preferred if Ronda had remained unbeaten and ran through Holly, Nunes, Valentina, GDR, Pennington, and Cyborg (I still see her coming back to beat Cyborg eventually, but still.)

It was certainty a once ever in human history moment when that happened.

It was a great moment indeed, i made 80 euro profit on a 10 euro bet.

In terms of sports history nothing tops this for me, a lot of you won't bother watching the vid but the '98/'99 season was absolutely incredible, so full of drama, highs and lows, nail biting games, all culminating in a European final that had absolutely everything, the best script writers in the world couldn't have written it.
Manchester was wild that night, I'll never forget it (I almost lost my job because I basically got a taxi from town where everyone was celebrating straight to work and I was absolutely leathered).
Football is no longer my game these days, it's lost an awful lot of what made it special for me but in the 90's it was just amazing and this video conveys it very well.

Tldr, 1999 European cup final is the single greatest sporting event in the history of all sporting events (to me).

Best all-time sports moment as in specific moment is super debatable, I honestly don’t think I could even compile a list. But if you’re saying “moment” in a more general sense, I’d say the ‘04 Red Sox coming back from a three game deficit to the Yankees to win the ALCS and going on to sweep the Cardinals to win their first World Series in 86 years is the greatest.

thats a close one but

the greatest moment in sports history is when ali beat foreman and didnt throw the right hand that could of taken his head off. he held it and just watched him fall.

no one, not even the hugest ali fans, thought he had a chance in that fight

i don't know about sports history, but in mma nothing tops werdum beating fedor. this place was in absolute shock.
I was at my best friends bachelor party when that fight happened and was intoxicated beyond human imagination.

my fedor hating friend called me up laughing and told me he lost and I sobered up so fast I was like a nun in church. It ruined my night and I questioned life

Back