Holly Holm UFC

My main thing is most WMMA striking looks amateurish. It really turns off a lot of casual fans. Holly's striking has been on point thus far in her career. She will make just bleed fans, fans of WMMA.

the money fight is between holly and jessica rakoczy. battle of boxing champs turned mma. jessica is a natural 125 lber though. but i definitely see it happening in the future. depending of course on how well jessica does on TUF

the money fight is between holly and jessica rakoczy. battle of boxing champs turned mma. jessica is a natural 125 lber though. but i definitely see it happening in the future. depending of course on how well jessica does on TUF

Holm vs Nakamoto is the money fight IMO if Nakamoto gets through her next opponent. Holm vs De Randamie is another good one too.

Holm vs Nakamoto is the money fight IMO if Nakamoto gets through her next opponent. Holm vs De Randamie is another good one too.

good fights no doubt, but the casual fan has no idea who they are. much easier to sell rakoczy vs holm in a boxing champ vs. boxing champ fight. both champs and rakoczy is getting the attention from TUF. if she does well on the show, she will be a lot more well known.

with all do respect, i think you are looking at it from more of a hard core fan aspect.

If Holm likes to stay active, Invicta may be a good place since they'd put her on every other card or so whereas the UFC may have her fight 3 times a year. Though, I can honestly see her fighting eventually in both orgs at some point.

she fights at BW (135lbs) so she can fight in the division the UFC already set up.

Lol- I was reading through the first page & thought I've misunderstood something here. Glad that wasn't the case :icon_chee

Holm's striking is really something else in WMMA.

Lol- I was reading through the first page & thought I've misunderstood something here. Glad that wasn't the case :icon_chee

Holm's striking is really something else in WMMA.

Yea that's my bad I thought they said 145 tonight. Still drinking

She has the best pure boxing in mma. No one else even comes close, male or female. It's easy to see how disciplined she is as a fighter.

That being said, this was by far Holm's best performance to date. She always seemed a little gun shy in her previous fights, but she was a stone cold killer tonight.

This!!!

She looked like a monster last night. I think she is ready for the UFC after last night. I think she is the first female fighter the UFC could actually build for a big fight against Rousey.

She is a 135, just fights up because cant find competition out there

Holm didn't seem to get going properly against Jones but she looked in the zone last night, her combos were on point. Saying that though, her opponent was basically just a punching bag.

I expect Holm's next fight to be in the UFC, there are ways out of her contract with Legacy.

I honestly think Holm makes a better face for WMMA at this point in time. Honda is a one trick pony, while Holm seems more well rounded. The only downfall is nobody has been able to touch her yet.

Wait a minute, Holm is more well rounded but all we've really seen is her striking, minus the 3 times she's been taken down and the 20 seconds she she in someones guard after a reversal. All we've really seen from Ronda is her grappling, how can you even say Holm sees more well rounded?

I'm not even going into the one trick pony thing, anyone who thinks that is CLUELESS.

Oh and Holm is a BW...

She won an absurd mismatch and beat the fuck out of someone that had no business being in the cage with her. GOAT!!!!!!!11

^ Exactly.

Holly's next fight has to be Invicta or UFC, she's out there fighting bums and is not being tested. I'm definitely not on the bandwagon as of yet.

Holly Holm is preparing to compete in UFC's 135 division. I would absolutely love to see a Holly Holm vs. Cyborg fight at some point in the future though, although I can't imagine a scenario where it happens. Ronda is probably a really bad matchup for Holm, but Holm I think would have an excellent shot with Cyborg.

Her credentials in Boxing can't be denied, but some of these posts are getting a bit ridiculous.

She HL reels a couple of jobbers and all of sudden she's the best? Her coach knows best, and she's coming along at a good pace. She's getting crush fights and doing exactly what she's supposed to be doing - winning in spectacular fashion. Let's not forget how tentative she looked in her previous fight though. Sure, she won by a headkick KO, but before that it was very underwhelming.

Let her keep adjusting to the cage and MMA, no need to rush into the big show.

Back