Holly Holm trys to win on points...but doesn't throw enough punches..True or False?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
As I've said in the past...women's fight IQ is extremely low...Holm trys to win on points which is no problem, the only issue is she doesn't throw enough punches. I don't know why she can't see that and her coaches don't tell her.

Would you agree that HOLM is a points fighter, who doesn't throw enough?

Sort of true, she would have beaten anybody else in the division with that much output. Shev just has really good defense and counter striking.

Kind of. I think she's superior to a lot of ladies in the conditioning department.
For her to exhaust her opponents she needs to fight at a higher pace, which includes throwing more.

You are talking about women fights IQ, but women just have more holes than men have.

very hesitant with her striking. not many combos thrown

She is well conditioned and generally outworks her opponents. Didn't exploit angles and land effectively against Shevchenko. Crushed the air around her, and got outpointed. Surprising for an experienced boxer.

she was very hesitant to engage.. better? lol

That's why you have a famous gym and coach a lot pf fighters.

ops

Take downs are scary.

But in boxing, her pedigree, you don't necessarily have to throw many punches to win on points. Just negate opponents offense and be efficient. Unfortunately for holly--this aint boxing

She's not good at throwing punches(I know)

R17N3ZV.gif

I immediately stopped reading after
As I've said in the past...women's fight IQ is extremely low...Holm trys to win on points which is no problem, the only issue is she doesn't throw enough punches. I don't know why she can't see that and her coaches don't tell her.

That's retarded.

I dunno, I think she just has a style that kind of backfires against certain opponents. She throws punches that don't pack that muck power – not because her striking mechanics are bad, but because she throws from so far away and thereby hits people at the end of the punch which makes for less of an impact. It allows her to keep the distance, which makes sense for someone who has great footwork and long limbs and does not want to be taken down.

When the opponent charges in, like Rousey did, Holm's punches pack a lot more power. But in most of her fights, Holly's punches just work as a set up for her kicks. She has some vicious kick KOs from her early fights, but up until the Rousey fight we had not really seen anything similar from her when fighting higher level competiotion (which is why the Rousey KO was kind of surprising to many people, me included – just goes to show how bad Rousey's gameplan was I guess). I haven't seen her boxing fights so I don't know what her approach was back then, but in an MMA context she strikes me as a fighter who is not that good when forced to lead and push forward. Which, incidentally, is what happened in her last fight.

It's all about filling the room with uppercuts.

giphy.gif

It all make sense now TS. To win a fight you have to throw more punches! Someone must get this ground breaking info to Holly and her team right now!

I think she's a technically sound boxer with no power and is therefore hesitant/unable to take the centre of the ring (octagon) and impose her striking on opponents who are close to her level.

Would you agree that HOLM is a points fighter, who doesn't throw enough?
Volume was not her problem in her last fight. Problem was that the strikes she actually threw never connected.

Oh she throws plenty of punches. They're mostly hitting air however.

Back