Holly Holm lost because she doesn't have a jab

Oh wait? what's that? They're not astronomically different like you were first trying to say? Is that what i heard you say?
Different, but same same. You can't say definitively that MMA fighters are good boxers just because they land some basic 1-2s on uneducated MMA fighters.

You can't compare women's boxing to men's since the depth is extremely shallow. Nate is a far better boxer than Holly.

He's really bad, blocks most of them with his face.

Not a technical fighter but can take a lot of punches and keep coming.

Don't call me a kid when you're the one who's uneducated in every facet of striking knowledge, if you want to shit on Womens sports then make a thread about it.

Lol, you're the one who thinks Holly Holm has good boxing compared to male UFC fighters and cry when you get called out on it.

Maybe calling you a kid was generous, 'fussy baby' sounds more appropriate.

Really wish that more people would consider striking defense before they talk about how good a boxer someone is.

Lol, you're the one who thinks Holly Holm has good boxing compared to male UFC fighters and cry when you get called out on it.

Maybe calling you a kid was generous, 'fussy baby' sounds more appropriate.
Well show me some footage of male fighters actually boxing? You petulant child.

I'm starting to think you haven't even seen Holm fight and you just like shitting on WMMA. Nate has never fought anybody with Vals striking pedigree, he got his shit pushed in by Josh Thomson and countless others who have never fought Muay Thai let alone win world championships in it. You don't use evasive footwork when you have to be the aggressor against a smaller opponent, it's like you don't know anything to do with styles. Viktor Postol is a world class boxer and he had his jab completely taken away from him the very same night. You can't discredit somebodies actual boxing in an MMA fight, Holm was within kickboxing range not boxing range. IT'S ALL ABOUT STYLES.

LOL you're just repeating the same nonsense. Women combat sports titles mean absolutely nothing, sparring with Andre Ward and being complimented by him alone gives Nate more pedigree than anything any woman ever won in combat sports.

You don't use evasive footwork when you have to be the aggressor against a smaller opponent, it's like you don't know anything to do with styles.

You have absolutely no clue about boxing. Evasive footwork is exactly what you're supposed to use against a smaller opponent, who says that Holly should have been the aggressor in the first place since that isn't her style? When two defensive fighters fight each other the one with shorter reach is supposed to lead, the only reason why it wasn't so in the Holly-Val fight is because Holly has no footwork and no jab and when it was clear Valentina doesn't want to engage she had no clue what to do. A skilled boxer with such a height advantage would stick the opponent with the jab all night long and use lateral movement. It's pretty embarrassing how Valentina was able to force Holly to take the role of the aggressor.

Besides, I never said "evasive footwork", there's offensive footwork too. It looks like you equate all footwork in boxing with dancing around the opponent. Holm has no footwork to close the distance or create angles when attacking. She stood there like a punching bag.

LOL you're just repeating the same nonsense. Women combat sports titles mean absolutely nothing, sparring with Andre Ward and being complimented by him alone gives Nate more pedigree than anything any woman ever won in combat sports.

You have absolutely no clue about boxing. Evasive footwork is exactly what you're supposed to use against a smaller opponent, who says that Holly should have been the aggressor in the first place since that isn't her style? When two defensive fighters fight each other the one with shorter reach is supposed to lead, the only reason why it wasn't so in the Holly-Val fight is because Holly has no footwork and no jab and when it was clear Valentina doesn't want to engage she had no clue what to do. A skilled boxer with such a height advantage would stick the opponent with the jab all night long and use lateral movement. It's pretty embarrassing how Valentina was able to force Holly to take the role of the aggressor.

Besides, I never said "evasive footwork", there's offensive footwork too. It looks like you equate all footwork in boxing with dancing around the opponent. Holm has no footwork to close the distance or create angles when attacking. She stood there like a punching bag.
You're so knowledgeable yet you don't even know the difference between boxing range and kickboxing range, Viktor Postol is a world class boxer and he had his jab completely taken away from him by a smaller boxer who was using evasive footwork and a southpaw stance. It's all about styles, don't give me that Andre Ward bullshit, he had absolutely no reason to start shitting on Diaz. Unless you have some footage of Diaz actually boxing stop spewing your bullshit. Diaz had his shit pushed in by Josh Thomson, LOL. How much striking experience does he have? ZERO.

Last edited:
Diaz gets his shit pushed in by Josh Thomson but don't worry guys "He hangs with Andre Ward in sparring!!". What a fucking joke.

Amazing how little credit is given to Shevchenko on here.

Sherdog is more concerned with being negative.

That's how it goes. The answer to them is that somehow Holly never learned how to jab. Not that it just isn't something that works well for the way she fights, or thatShevchenko outwitted her and beat her to the punch.

Quickly TS, email Holly and tell her about jabs!

How does a world class boxer not have a jab?

A jab would help, against someone like Tate it would score a fuck ton of free hits and help Holm keep the range open. Against Shevchenko it's going to be a lot more difficult since she has good range control and isn't a sitting duck, plus she has ways to counter the jab and make her opponent pay for throwing them. She also has a pretty good jab herself so getting into a jabbing contest with her isn't likely to end well.

She lost because she didn't utilize the left roundhouse to the liver. That shit was wide open the whole goddamn fight.

She lost because she didn't utilize the left roundhouse to the liver. That shit was wide open the whole goddamn fight.

For good reason. MT fighters are very good at catching kicks.

l41Yvxe1YjKuWpRW8.gif

Offensively I would say his boxing is a good deal better than Hollys though.

Well show me some footage of male fighters actually boxing? You petulant child.

If you're having trouble finding footage of male UFC fighters, I suggest check out fightpass. It's only 9.99 a month and features a treasure trove of old fight footage.

If you're having trouble finding footage of male UFC fighters, I suggest check out fightpass. It's only 9.99 a month and features a treasure trove of old fight footage.
I meant boxing footage but nice try.

Back