Holly Holm "I’m a competitor, I’m not a charity case”

great answer by holly. i bet the rousey people were hoping she'd have an opinion, one way or the other, just to get a chance to talk trash about her. rousey did this to herself by acting invincible and putting everyone else down. take your medicine and shut it.

Holly owes her success to her own merits and hard work.
She owes her current pay cheque thanks to Ronda, if she was in the same division as a less popular fighter or if she came along 5 years earlier before Ronda, she wouldn't get anywhere near what she made in Australia and what she would make with a rematch.

Holly can mock her after her speech and would still love Holly all the same...Ronda can't handle the shitstorm that she made
Rousey-gloves.gif

She should've pulled a Rousey and said "I don't feel bad about that at all."

She owes her current pay cheque thanks to Ronda, if she was in the same division as a less popular fighter or if she came along 5 years earlier before Ronda, she wouldn't get anywhere near what she made in Australia and what she would make with a rematch.
By the same token, you could say that she owes her pay check to Dana White and the Fertitas. After all they were the ones who believed in Ronda and gave her the opportunity to shine. Without them, Ronda would not have had any of the success she has gotten.

If other MMA fighters are wondering how to handle their careers professionally, they should take notes.

Can anyone plese explain to me how this "suicide" stuff is not a marketing move? Everyone is again, talking about her.

Can anyone explain how can a life
long athlete, who competed in world tournaments and the olympics, how can an athlete like that be unable to take a loss without having suicidal thoughts?

I agree with you. It's a pity party and attention seeking. If she really felt that way, go see a counselor and stop trying to seek validation from the world

I love Holly, seriously. She seems so genuine. I hope she murks Tate and send Ronda into retirement.

She handled it with grace considering suicide questions are absolute landmines. Journalists as usual are trying to spin anything to create drama. Holly threaded the needle and offered nothing. Great championship poise.

I have a hard time feeling bad for Ronda. A sore winner with how she treats her opponents, and a total sore loser talking about killing herself. Such extremes and so emotional, I can't take her seriously. Good to see she can get over it by thinking about Travis and having babies, but it's just all weird.

Can anyone plese explain to me how this "suicide" stuff is not a marketing move? Everyone is again, talking about her.

Can anyone explain how can a life long athlete, who competed in world tournaments and the olympics, how can an athlete like that be unable to take a loss without having suicidal thoughts?

I don't think it's necessarily a marketing move but it is being blown way out of proportion IMO. Ronda basically said she felt worthless directly after the fight and then got over it a second later. I'm sure she's not the first fighter to feel that way directly after a fight.

Perfect response and classy as always. A lot of fighters are annoying and say really dumb shit whenever they open their mouth but Holly is just the opposite.

She obviously believed in her well crafted, ridiculasely over the top hype. Same thing happened to George Forman, and Mike Tyson when they seemed invincible. Unlike her though, those guys were supreme and skilled fighters who were beaten by even better fighters.

Holly is so damn likable, it's amazing. I hope she stays champ for a long time, and (likely) kicks Ronda's emotional ass again.

Back