Holly and TJ's salaries (show money)

Turns out you take the head of Medusa you get that Perseus money!

Ouch. Poor guy. I mean, I wouldn't mind fighting for that amount of money, but damn, that's not good money for a champ. Friggin Josh Koscheck was making 6 figures and he was never even champ.

No offense, but this is a delusional post. He is a short lived champ in a division nobody cares about. lol at him making substantially more in the future. It isn't "bad management."

He is a totally replaceable part. Nobody cares. He is a white wrestler. Dime a dozen. I'd be paying Northcut more than him too. This shit is no accident. You people need to think.
Dillashaw definitely isnt a dime a dozen.

He's fairly athletic and a good striker for someone who didn't grow up doing it.

It's not like he's... Chas Skelly or someone.

Other than Holly's $500,000 Sage Northgoat makes more than both of them. Haha....

If you're a fighter who took the UFC title with a stoppage, defended it twice with stoppages, won three performance of the night bonuses while doing so - Lost the belt in a headliner in a FoTN performance, and are now the consensus number 2 guy in the division... and you're making 25,000 despite being in the UFC for 5 years and 9 fights

Then yeah
Your managment sucks.
If the UFC sees you as a dime a dozen replaceable wrestler at this stage in your career? Then yeah. Your management sucks. If no one cares about you despite exciting performances everytime out? Then yeah, your management sucks. And your team is doing something wrong. TJ's not a star, nobody said he was. And yes, Sage should be getting paid more than him based on marketability
But.
Dude should be making more than 25/25 at this stage.
His management/team sucks. Either they should negotiate harder, or they should teach him how to market himself so he's worth more.
Rafael Assuanco gets more show money than he does.
If you're TJ's management - get that man 45/45 and let the dude live.

C'mon son.

Put it in context. Not all belts are equal. Not all weight classes are equal. Not all styles are equal. Not all personalities are equal. Again, a short lived champ in a division nobody cares about. How does TJ stick out? What does he bring into the company? I heard this same shit with fighters like Sam Stout. All these fights of the night bonuses. They don't tell the story. I am not entertained by these fights.

No, the company/sport you work for sucks. Try getting more out of them and see what happens.

He wouldn't even have a job if I ran the company. His weight class would not exist. Again, cheap labor.

Dillashaw definitely isnt a dime a dozen.

He's fairly athletic and a good striker for someone who didn't grow up doing it.

It's not like he's... Chas Skelly or someone.

He is when you get outside the Sherdog bubble. Nobody cares. lol. Can't you people see that? Nobody fuckin cares about him no matter how much you do.

Lol nobody got robbed in that one and there was no gift. People throw those around too much. It has to reach Sanchez/Garcia levels before it approaches either I'm sorry.

eh, I've seen close enough to go either way. This wasn't one of them. It was Condit/Lawler fuck up levels. People just hate TJ so much, they're glad he lost and blind to judge it honest.

Holly had a name when she stepped into MMA.

She had a solid background, manager etc from boxing so yea she negotiated from a better position.

She had a PPV share like a challenger and that doesn't happen to often they were smart with it and the card did big buys and she made good $.

Then she went on the 500k + ppv shares and again UFC 196 and more $.

Now the cash is gone and the rebuilding process is underway.. who knows maybe Ronda will want a rematch and they can both get some good money out of it.

eh, I've seen close enough to go either way. This wasn't one of them. It was Condit/Lawler fuck up levels. People just hate TJ so much, they're glad he lost and blind to judge it honest.
Not even close to Condit vs Lawler. Condit landed as many strikes as Lawler attempted, and outlanded him in significant strikes by like 80.

Not even close to Condit vs Lawler. Condit landed as many strikes as Lawler attempted, and outlanded him in significant strikes by like 80.

I'll just agree with you. Cruz is entirely too boring to watch again. I tried to break it down point and aggression value, but barely made it to 2nd or 3rd round trying to rewatch months ago.

I like Dillashaw slightly over Cruz but think Cruz won the fight (haven't seen it since though). On the feet it was super close (and I think the in-game stats showed them as essentially equal), but then Cruz added end-of-round takedowns and that made the difference for him. It's annoying that Cruz talks about it like some kind of blowout though.

both getting less than Sage Northcutt, which is pretty funny
to be fair sage is never getting champ money, once his current contract is up he will drop like a stone in price
all this reminds me of the tech bubble, some folks are microsoft, some folks are yahoo

They probably gave holly two options. 25k for non titles and 500k as champion or 75k / 200k. Risk vs reward. She felt she could beat honda so went for the lower initial but higher title purse.

Conclusion... Don't believe the numbers you're fed.

Back