Holly and TJ's salaries (show money)

Damn. Half a mil and then 30K. What the fuck...

This place gets dumber by the day.

I'm sure those numbers tell the whole picture...........

Totally sure.

Well, Holly did get one pretty big pay day.

I'm willing to bet it was better than anything she ever got as a Boxer.

Still, that aside, that's pretty shameful on both sides. I mean, shit.

From the looks of things, Holly needs better management too.

A former champion should atleast be making 6 figures.

both getting less than Sage Northcutt, which is pretty funny

From the looks of things, Holly needs better management too.

A former champion should atleast be making 6 figures.

In a vacuum maybe. You really think TJ Dillashaw is worth 6 figures to the UFC? lol.

With so many weight classes, WMMA, etc. there are a lot of former champs around. Now Tate is another.

It is such a cutthroat sport. No wonder people are afraid to lose. One loss sends you off a cliff. I'd be picking fights and careful about it too.

Holly and/or her manager are dumb as shit signing a contract that would allow that

And that is why we call it a robbery.

TJ is the champ, Fox gifted the prancing dancer a decision and now TJ is out 50k a fight
Lol nobody got robbed in that one and there was no gift. People throw those around too much. It has to reach Sanchez/Garcia levels before it approaches either I'm sorry.

In a vacuum maybe. You really think TJ Dillashaw is worth 6 figures to the UFC? lol.

With so many weight classes, WMMA, etc. there are a lot of former champs around. Now Tate is another.

It is such a cutthroat sport. No wonder people are afraid to lose. One loss sends you off a cliff.
True.

I just think, atleast a champion with a few or more title defenses shouldn't go back to making the same as an undercard fighter. Just doesn't seem fair.

I get that TJ and the Bantamweights aren't a draw, but when champions aren't making any decent money, doesn't seem right. Same with former champs who put on great performances against a then time P4P fighter.

Who cares if someone who is 5'5 isn't getting Anderson Silva money? I'm a fan of Dom Cruz, but couldn't care less about the lower 2 weight divisions.

Like watching 8th graders fight.

Holm:
UFC 193: Holly Holm $25,000 (belt challenger)
UFC 196: Holly Holm $500,000 (champion)
UFC on Fox 21: Holly Holm $30,000 (non-title fight)

TJ:
UFC 173: TJ Dillashaw: $18,000 (belt challenger)
UFC 177: TJ Dillashaw: $50,000 (champion)
TJ vs Barao 2: TJ Dillashaw $60,000 (champion)
TJ vs Cruz: TJ Dillashaw $70,000 (champion)
UFC 200: TJ Dillashaw $25,000 (non-title fight)

TJ wasn never getting big money, even when he was a champion

This only show money, without POTN, FOTN or Reebok money

Getting close to that Anderson Silva Money.

andersonsilvamoney_zps64497c9a.gif

True.

I just think, atleast a champion with a few or more title defenses shouldn't go back to making the same as an undercard fighter. Just doesn't seem fair.

I get that TJ and the Bantamweights aren't a draw, but when champions aren't making any decent money, doesn't seem right. Same with former champs who put on great performances against a then time P4P fighter.

How do you think the UFC was able to sell for so much money?

I said years ago that Dana brought in these lower weight classes and women for cheap labor. They are like fuckin Apple or something. All about the name brand and stealing talent from others and pay their workers slave wages.

How do you think the UFC was able to sell for so much money?

I said years ago that Dana brought in these lower weight classes and women for cheap labor. They are like fuckin Apple or something. All about the name brand and stealing talent from others and pay their workers slave wages.
Interesting theory, you're probably right.

TJ just has a bad manager
No way he should be making that low - when he renegotiates he should get substantially more
I miss the old days where we all knew exactly how many fights were left on a guys contract

No offense, but this is a delusional post. He is a short lived champ in a division nobody cares about. lol at him making substantially more in the future. It isn't "bad management."

He is a totally replaceable part. Nobody cares. He is a white wrestler. Dime a dozen. I'd be paying Northcut more than him too. This shit is no accident. You people need to think.

No offense, but this is a delusional post. He is a short lived champ in a division nobody cares about. lol at him making substantially more in the future. It isn't "bad management."

He is a totally replaceable part. Nobody cares. He is a white wrestler. Dime a dozen. I'd be paying Northcut more than him too. This shit is no accident. You people need to think.

If you're a fighter who took the UFC title with a stoppage, defended it twice with stoppages, won three performance of the night bonuses while doing so - Lost the belt in a headliner in a FoTN performance, and are now the consensus number 2 guy in the division... and you're making 25,000 despite being in the UFC for 5 years and 9 fights

Then yeah
Your managment sucks.
If the UFC sees you as a dime a dozen replaceable wrestler at this stage in your career? Then yeah. Your management sucks. If no one cares about you despite exciting performances everytime out? Then yeah, your management sucks. And your team is doing something wrong. TJ's not a star, nobody said he was. And yes, Sage should be getting paid more than him based on marketability
But.
Dude should be making more than 25/25 at this stage.
His management/team sucks. Either they should negotiate harder, or they should teach him how to market himself so he's worth more.
Rafael Assuanco gets more show money than he does.
If you're TJ's management - get that man 45/45 and let the dude live.

C'mon son.

Back