*Holloway Vs Volkanovski: Who gets the win?*

Max sucks and beats up on midgets. He lost to Dustin who sucks because he lost to Khabib and Conor. So Volk wins. Right?

SUUUUUURRRREEEEE,

DAWG.

Yeah man, didn't you know? Max is an absolute CAN whose wins over Jose Aldo are complete bullshit.

Hell 80% of Sherdog thinks he loses every fight and are surprised he's even the Champ smh.

Max hardly gets any love on here.

Yeah man, didn't you know? Max is an absolute CAN whose wins over Jose Aldo are complete bullshit.

Hell 80% of Sherdog thinks he loses every fight and are surprised he's even the Champ smh.

Max hardly gets any love on here.
Oh he definitely deserves some love for his performances at 145, you know how Sherdog is though, once a guy loses he was always a can. On the flip slide though you could argue a lot of people were talking about Max moving up and providing the toughest challenge to Khabib at 155, that narrative has certainly ended given he lost to Poirier. Reckon Volk will provide the toughest test for blessed at 145, he wins this one I don't see too many other fighters who could cause him problems. I don't think Zabit would be able to cope with Max's output over the championship rounds.

Holy shit what an awful take:

How is that an awful take? Losing 2/5 rounds and finishing late isn't a more dominant performance that winning every round. Max also got hit way more than Volkanovski did. I would rather win every round and take almost no damage than lose the first 2 rounds while taking damage and then finishing late.

The second one is more entertaining not more dominant.

How often do fighters improve after being on top and losing? I know early losses in careers tend to bring big improvements, but it seems like a loss to the king of the hill usually results in a decline thereafter. Now I don't know how much of that is related to age vs. the loss, but I am curious.
Late reply.
But it's a good question.and I'm not really sure..
But I would hazard a guess that some need to feel the danger of potential loss to fire them up to win

And going through the motions with a mediocre defence is when they start to drop the ball..

But yeah god question pal..

Holloway is tough as nails, and has a big range advantage. But Volk is really fast, if he could score a flashing cross on Max, he could get the win. Also he's like the Duracell bunny, always moving and has cardio for days.

So, who gets the win in this championship fight?
Holloway. This will be a classic example of a hype train hitting the title fight like hitting a brick wall.

This thread is depressing. I want to ride for my boy Max, but I've been saying myself this is his hardest fight at FW.

You know what? Fuck that! Blessed Express Foreva! Choo Choo!
images

Max TKO RD 4

Volkanovski. tons of leg kicks at range if max tries to fight long

ROwX6V.gif

more power in the pocket for when max tries to bang
vlDw28.gif

better defense than max, wrestling advantage, and he could possibly hold max against the cage and make it boring and win that way if need be.

I got volkanovski via clear cut decision, but wouldn't be surprised by a stoppage.

We called it boys @Ares Black @NoBiasJustMMA @Croton @LetThemBleed

and my other sherbros who have been on the volkanovski train for a while

Fucking A we did mate. What you score it in the end? I had it 49-46. Dunno what Max was going on about and still my bollocks.

I had it 49-46, but I thought 48-47 was fair. Rounds 2, 4 and 5 were competitive so I was worried about how the judges were scoring the fight, but I was convinced that volkanovski won at least 3 rounds.

I had it 49-46, but I thought 48-47 was fair. Rounds 2, 4 and 5 were competitive so I was worried about how the judges were scoring the fight, but I was convinced that volkanovski won at least 3 rounds.
Exactly my sentiments. A fairly competitive fight, but also a clear Volkanovski win. Feels good man!!

Back