*Holloway Vs Volkanovski: Who gets the win?*

Max sucks and beats up on midgets. He lost to Dustin who sucks because he lost to Khabib and Conor. So Volk wins. Right?

SUUUUUURRRREEEEE,

DAWG.

Depends but Volk is one of the few guys that can match Holloway's pace and cardio so him losing multiple rounds against a common opponent till he got tired makes me favor Volk since I don't think Volk will get tired and he has a better ratio of strikes landed to strikes absorbed(Max gets hit a lot more, especially in the early rounds).

I also think Volk is the better grappler in the clinch and on the ground, he has the reach advantage as well and just seems like an all around very difficult match up for Max.

Volk has more reach than Max? Come on.

As excited as I am for the other bouts on the card, I feel like this one is the most difficult to decide. Either guy could win and I wouldn't be remotely surprised. I'm hoping for a good scrap.

I have no idea. Genuinely one of the hardest fights to predict.
Volkanovski didn't look that good against Aldo and the fight feels like ages ago so I'll go with Holloway. Also Holloway dominated an even younger Aldo in both fights.

Of course that's some shaky MMA math and match-up wise I see a path to victory for both.
The one qualifier I'd say is he wasn't;t fun to watch, but it also showed he was able and willing to implement a frankly boring style in order to beat opponents who had the ability to touch him up, so in my eyes it actually made the matchup more compelling in a not compelling way if that makes sense.

I'll take Max in this one.

The one qualifier I'd say is he wasn't;t fun to watch, but it also showed he was able and willing to implement a frankly boring style in order to beat opponents who had the ability to touch him up, so in my eyes it actually made the matchup more compelling in a not compelling way if that makes sense.

It definitely makes sense. The only people who beat Aldo recently are Conor and Holloway - and now Volkanovski. That puts him in excellent company. He did what he had to do to win, no dishespect from me. Showed excellent fight IQ and awareness of the scorecards and how to win rounds and how to win a fight against Aldo with a different gameplan and approach than the other guys who beat him.
He's a very intelligent fighter and scary strong in the clinch.

I'm hoping Volkanovski but Max looks like 1 foot taller than him.

I think volk takes it to be honest

Volk has more reach than Max? Come on.

Volk has ape arms. Max has trex arms. Also volks so much larger across the back and across the shoulders. Whether or not that has anything to do with reach I have no idea tho

You know the guy in you av lost his last fight in the UFC.

(Though I disagree with the decision... and he barely got by his first ONE fight.)

I don't think you are a fan of this sport. Everyone loses, no big deal.
Dustin clearly won dj didnt lose that fight!

Holy shit what an awful take:

I thought Volkanovski did better against Aldo than Holloway did, Holloway lost the first 2 rounds of the first fight and I think he lost the first in the rematch. Volkanovski wasn't as entertaining in beating Aldo but he didn't lose any rounds and got hit way less.

Holloway via cardio

I don't think Volkanovski has slowed down, definitely not in recent fights. His cardio was one of the reasons he was able to prevail against Chad Mendes and he looked like he could go all day against Aldo.

He also showed he can fight at long range. Aldo was waiting for volk to close the distance so that he could counter, much like he did to Edgar, but volkanovski just stayed at range and kicked Aldo for the majority of the fight. His feints seemed to really throw Aldo off too in the second and third rounds. Aldo looked like a dear in the headlights.

People underestimate volk's striking, yet everyone who is in there with him ends up looking pretty fucking confused by what he's doing

Yeah the feinting reminded me of Edgar's game plan in his second fight with Aldo, that was an important element that won him most of the first round but he got away from it. I'll throw a bit more praise out there for Volkanovski: in the Aldo fight he showed that he's as fast/explosive as the likes of Aldo and Mendes. He's one of the more interesting challengers scheduled to fight for the title right now I think.

I don't think Volkanovski has slowed down, definitely not in recent fights. His cardio was one of the reasons he was able to prevail against Chad Mendes and he looked like he could go all day against Aldo.

Yeah the feinting reminded me of Edgar's game plan in his second fight with Aldo, that was an important element that won him most of the first round but he got away from it. I'll throw a bit more praise out there for Volkanovski: in the Aldo fight he showed that he's as fast/explosive as the likes of Aldo and Mendes. He's one of the more interesting challengers scheduled to fight for the title right now I think.

Yep, as an edgar fan, I was really disappointed with his performance against Aldo. He had aldo figured out from their first encounter– feint and leg kick Aldo while he sits back and looks to pivot/ counter.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He figured this out in round 3 of their first fight and it's largely what won him the later rounds of that fight, so I was certain he'd stick to that game plan in the rematch, and he did, but only for the first few rounds

He got away from his feints and leg kicks in the later rounds and started charging into aldo's counters. I was pissed...he just needed more of what he was doing.

Volkanovski fortunately stayed calm and stuck with his gameplan and got the victory. Volkis a smart fighter and always comes in with good gameplans.

Max... Just by his sheer will and fact he has been here before and he's been in deep water before.
And he had that wake up call recently with Dustin..
How often do fighters improve after being on top and losing? I know early losses in careers tend to bring big improvements, but it seems like a loss to the king of the hill usually results in a decline thereafter. Now I don't know how much of that is related to age vs. the loss, but I am curious.

Hopefully Mex Bless flushes this slomiebol back down under.

Back