1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Holloway/Rodriguez Play by play

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by guesswhoseback, Nov 13, 2021.

1. DonQ94 Green Belt

The Main event DGTD curse continues lol. Crazy fight and excellent showing by Yair, dude is so dangerous and creative. Striking wise thought Max looked the worse he's looked in a long while. He wasn't able to pressure Yair like most guys and the pace wasn't as crazy either.

2. guesswhoseback Purple Belt

FUCKING STUPID FANDUEL STILL HAS NO POINTS UPDATED

3. MidgardSerpent Black Belt

Frankie was never some ground and pound monster and he got Yair in the second, wasn't even a case of some massive attrition battle.

4. Kamais_Ookin Silver Belt

i have no words, i hope the scams stop soon.

5. guesswhoseback Purple Belt

Never claimed he was I only stated frankie wasnt washed at that point

6. Kamais_Ookin Silver Belt

washed maybe a little strong, but at 36y old his best days were certainly behind him

7. Main_Card_MMA What are we here to do again?

Holloway's leg was chewed up early and if Yair hadn't busted his foot he may have made it a close split. That said, Holloway has been in some wars and it's probably past his time.

8. PuertoRican Gold Belt

Only +$58.50 profit on DraftKings. Better than nothing.

So many finishes. Several underdog wins. My read in Marcos Rogerio de Lima saved me from losing $216 on DK.

svmr_db likes this.
  9. DonQ94 Green Belt

Yeah, have the feeling that he's gonna get chin checked soon. Also, you would think after the first Volk fight that he'd have some answers against the leg kicks

Main_Card_MMA and svmr_db like this.
  10. svmr_db Brown Belt

I got smoked too, was surprised how quickly durable guys like Moises & Rothwell crumbled. Shouldn't have been in hindsight with Rothwell given he's 40 and all, but hey, he hadn't been KO'd / TKO'd in over a decade before tonight. Lesson learned.

Did well on the main event though, took Max -275 after round 1, had Max 4 / 5 / dec @ -175 pre fight. Cashed out a few % loss on Max ITD. Perfect scenario would've been a Max finish in 4 or 5 but Yair's cardio & durability held up better than expected. This was a pretty wacky card for me, I seem to do a lot better on the PPVs.

11. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

Tough event to bet on overall, but Moises/Alvarez ITD at + odds was probably one of the oddest lines that I've seen in a while.

12. PolarBearPaulVarelans Brown Belt

The Arlovski rematch showed me that Rothwell's chin was badly crumbling (I was heavy on Rothwell at -180 that one, ugh) and the OSP fight demonstrated that it was completely gone.

I was just waiting until he finally fought an actual puncher who would take advantage.

svmr_db and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  13. svmr_db Brown Belt

I think the common perception was we were going to get a more grappling centric fight with Moises getting the better of it, leaning towards a longer fight odds wise. I certainly didn't expect Alvarez to get him out of there on the feet that quickly.

Main_Card_MMA likes this.
  14. Main_Card_MMA What are we here to do again?

I was surprised we didn't see a single td attempt, not even a clinch, but in hindsight the size difference was just too much. Can't believe Moises ended up at -250. Also, is Alvarez the new Tibau but actually exciting? I don't think he has a ton of skills outside of his subs, but he bullies people around pretty well. If he misses weight 1 more time, he should definitely move up. Dana has to step in there, right? No way he could risk Alvarez going for a title shot and missing weight.

EDIT: He's more like Anthony Johnson making 170 than Tibau. Tibau was huge and just manhandled people for 2 rounds and Johnson was a finisher cheating the scale. I thought the new weight cut rules would change things. Alvarez is 6'3" with 77" reach so for comparison Anderson Silva is 6'2" with 77" reach and fought at 185 and walked around at 220. Ridiculous he makes 155. He has limited striking skills with terrible wrestling and simply bullies smaller people. At least Johnson could strike and wrestle.

Also, did ok with over unders at 4/7. Right about the under in Jung and Baeza. Right about the over in Casey and Holloway. Wrong about the over in Lee which was 2.5 minutes from hitting and didn't look bad at all. Wrong about the over in Yadong which was always a risk, but I thought Arce would recover better. Wrong about the over in Moises which in hindsight was a really bad call.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  15. danareem Green Belt

Nostradamus, my man. Luckily I added Khaos, Spencer round 2/3 and de Lima. Hope u made bank as well

guesswhoseback likes this.
  16. guesswhoseback Purple Belt

I had a little come up check under offical bet page

danareem likes this.
  17. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

Moises is pretty aggressive on the ground as well though. I think if it would have went there consistently, Alvarez would probably fold later. It will be interesting to see Alvarez long term, but I don't think he's going to be able to stay at LW and I think he needs to bulk up a bit for WW.