Holloway landed 445 significant strikes today

I dont know bro 400 of those hammer fists im sure would rock someone lol
Maybe indeed!

Kattar was rocked multiple times though
giphy.gif

That was insane. Kattar is one of the toughest ppl in history. Idk a lot of fighters that wouldn’t quit during an onslaught like that. That dude is tough as fuck.
And, importantly, when we ALL thought he was out (again and again) he would suddenly throw some bombs. As the ref, it would be a hard call to call a stoppage while the guy getting beaten is still swinging wild haymakers!

It amazes me how so many people can't realize this. It's like when Stipe was working more of a volume puncher style and people were calling him pillow fisted. Then he shifted his focus and sat down on punches more, now they think you're lying when you bring that up.
Also I think by definition a "pillow-fisted" fighter doesn't make the ref want to stop the fight due to strikes multiple times, or leave someone's face looking like *THAT*.

He's certainly not a knockout artist and actively favors volume and attrition over power, that's for sure. There's nothing wrong with that in and of itself unless he comes up against someone who can exploit it and counter it with much greater power like Dustin did.

Yeah, he was "outboxing or "outstriking" Poirier for long periods but every time Dustin touched him, he rocked him. It was crazy.

That was awful. His corner should have stepped in.
I know it’s not fashionable to throw in the towel but 20 years from now he will wish he had. Once you retire, no one gives a crap about you. Your corner is supposed to look out for you.

I've knocked people out with 1 punch so ipso facto... I'm 440 something times more kapow than Mr Max

Good numbers but the Max is overrated. He has no power!

Yeah, he was "outboxing or "outstriking" Poirier for long periods but every time Dustin touched him, he rocked him. It was crazy.

Surprisingly, there were only two rounds where Max had Dustin beat in significant strike count according to the UFC's official stats (3 and 4). I think Max won 3 pretty cleanly, but 4 is arguable. Overall, Dustin did a solid job of matching (or coming close to) Max's total output and generally pressuring him in a way that he normally does to his opponent rather than the other way around. It really was crazy to see.

That was one of Max’s best performances against a tough guy, The Ortega fight was equally as impressive...those stats are nuts...

I mean he hit him with 445 sig strikes and couldnt finish the fight? Like if i or another Sherbro hit a dude 445 times theyd be dead. Like its straight up woman's mma level power.
Yeah but you'd be just some fat nerdy kid hitting another fat untrained dude 445 times probably in the face if you dont die from exhaustion before reaching that number.
Now try that against an elite UFC fighter who's trying to defend himself AND throwing back at you. See how that turns out.
Fucking idiots man

Back