Holloway knocked Aldo out 3 times

Rory and Robbie took WWAAAAAAAY more damage than Aldo did. Just stop. lol

Yes, they did, I agree. But it was competitive. Rory was still in it up until he collapsed and the fight was stopped in that specific moment. That was a perfect stoppage. Aldo vs Halloway was over. That's the difference. Aldo was too fucked up to turn things around and couldn't even try and improve his position, thus there's no point in the fight continuing. I would call Weidman vs Rockhold late for the very same reason. Could have been stopped when Rockhold was pounding him out instead of letting it go another round. I'm not too bent out of shape about it. Not all stoppages will be perfect. But it's pretty crazy IMO to say Holloway vs Aldo was early.

Aldo was clearly out, abit a very short time, he was out. There is no specified time for a KO to be a KO. If you go out, even for a second, you are KOed.
Can't see his face in that gif so what are you referring to?

It was a good stoppage. He was done, he gassed himself out trying to get out from bottom and just eating shots. Better to call the fight and have him fight another day.

I think it was close for sure but it was more early than late. The Erick Silva one was also early.

You gotta give these guys every opportunity to survive too. I'm not talking about JUST BLEED either it's just the line has slowly moved towards early over the years and it can ruin careers just as much as a late stop.

Yes, they did, I agree. But it was competitive. Rory was still in it up until he collapsed and the fight was stopped in that specific moment. That was a perfect stoppage. Aldo vs Halloway was over. That's the difference. Aldo was too fucked up to turn things around and couldn't even try and improve his position, thus there's no point in the fight continuing. I would call Weidman vs Rockhold late for the very same reason. Could have been stopped when Rockhold was pounding him out instead of letting it go another round. I'm not too bent out of shape about it. Not all stoppages will be perfect. But it's pretty crazy IMO to say Holloway vs Aldo was early.

It was close to being over but not quite is all i'm saying and i agree the Rory stop was perfect but the ref didn't really have a choice because it was obvious.

I don't agree with Weidman vs Luke being late at all.

I think it was close for sure but it was more early than late. The Erick Silva one was also early.

You gotta give these guys every opportunity to survive too. I'm not talking about JUST BLEED either it's just the line has slowly moved towards early over the years and it can ruin careers just as much as a late stop.

Silva wa 100 early, that I agree with you one. I just saw the Yamasaki refereed Lopez vs Eduardo, Eduardo took way too many blows to the dome. Dunno wtf Mario was thinking or not thinking

You cant lay there getting punched in the head 500 times without defending yourself without the fight being stopped. Yes, Aldo threw a thumbs up a couple times while getting the shit beaten out of him, but thumbs up does no equal intelligently defending oneself.

Exactly. If a fighter just covers up and doesn't improve position or fire back or intelligently defend themselves, its time to call it.

We do but like Weidman vs Munoz was late.

That is my gauge just for reference.

I hear you, and I was old school like you. But my taste for needless or excessive violence has waned as I've gotten older.

I hear you, and I was old school like you. But my taste for needless or excessive violence has waned as I've gotten older.

I'm fighting it with all of my heart.

Seen too many fights where the attacker gassed. lol

I'm fighting it with all of my heart.

Seen too many fights where the attacker gassed. lol

LOL I think you might be right about 135, I think the talent dpeth is getting deeper. Sucks they didn't sign Koriguchi though

Holloway went straight savage on Aldo. That ground and pound was nasty.

Please refer to Aldo vs Conor to learn what a real knockout is.

I actually felt bad for Aldo... And admired his guts and will not to ose.

Same. A lesser man would have been done way before Max tried to take his back with a sub.

We have the same join date, bro.

<{monica}>

Back