Media Holloway is a massive FW

I think he should move to 155 permanently. It's only a matter of time before he's unable to make 145lbs, and I don't think he's done enough to warrant a 3rd title shot against Volkanovski. If he moves to 155lbs, he can adjust to the weight-class, rather than fighting a top 3 guy like Poirier right away. Also, HOPEFULLY he can gain some power in his punches if he moves up. He's a great striker and all, but something's wrong if he's able to hit someone hundreds of times and they don't go down.

You know...

Khabib could fight Khamzat for all belts 155 and above.

<EdgyBrah>

Shit I just hope Khamzat comes back period

They are going to need a waist diameter and back width measurement to add to stats.

hes a big FW but you guys are really still on this height=size shit lmao.
He has a bigger frame than Conor and Conor is a Khabib sized LW (average).

DoV4dkoX0AIO1QH.jpg

Sherdog hdiding in the closet Heightism Brigade is back once again.
Do people legit not understand how bodyframes work or sth? Holloway is a very tall FW and he could easily make LW but he is not massive at all.

GSP is also bigger than Cormier. So basically HW GSP wants to fight Khabib who is smaller than FW Max. Crazy.

Kenflo also bigger than Cormier, he must have cut 90 lbs to make FW.

w0g1x8SOiNpSBL5DhmOy-arG_4-24d9GXONcpStoLg3zd0Odnkejm9m-tiIGOFSBkiW15wW25Tic01fIm-htjhLwLrkHhxC6717FIB8GF14VRshUYmiP-wPHcYI1afI43B77nalhWotHEvJJS2HbBZU

Sherdog hdiding in the closet Heightism Brigade is back once again.
Do people legit not understand how bodyframes work or sth? Holloway is a very tall FW and he could easily make LW but he is not massive at all.

Tall guys (for their divisions) can't fill out to bigger weight classes bro. Never happens. <YeahOKJen> Weight training doesn't exist.

Tall guys can't fill out to bigger weight classes bro. Never happens. <YeahOKJen> Weight training doesn't exist.
Yeah you can do that, but some guys can't put on too much muscle based on their frame. If your shoulder are narrow you can't effectively put on mass the way a guy with wider shoulders could, while maintaining a level of athleticism.
DC can fight at HW but Holloway can't since their frames are different although their height is similar.
Very simple human anatomy.

I think he should move to 155 permanently. It's only a matter of time before he's unable to make 145lbs, and I don't think he's done enough to warrant a 3rd title shot against Volkanovski. If he moves to 155lbs, he can adjust to the weight-class, rather than fighting a top 3 guy like Poirier right away. Also, HOPEFULLY he can gain some power in his punches if he moves up. He's a great striker and all, but something's wrong if he's able to hit someone hundreds of times and they don't go down.

for the most part a guy either has power or he doesn’t.

The only real time a fighter can add significant power is in the beginning of their career where they are still improving their punching technique, and even then genetics play a huge part.

Yeah you can do that, but some guys can't put on too much muscle based on their frame. If your shoulder are narrow you can't effectively put on mass the way a guy with wider shoulders could, while maintaining a level of athleticism.
DC can fight at HW but Holloway can't since their frames are different although their height is similar.
Very simple human anatomy.
What's the point of pretending Max isn't a huge LW capable of being bigger than Khabib?

Tony is skinny too and 200 lbs between fights

gsp looked over muscled and foolish for his 185 fight with ping.
and he was trying to gain the weight properly.
another round or two and gsp would have gassed i believe.

you can only put so much muscle on a slender frame before it becomes a hindrance to fighting ability

TS need to stop rebutting everyone itt that disagree with him.

Taller not equals bigger
Heavier not equals bigger as well

What's the point of pretending Max isn't a huge LW capable of being bigger than Khabib?

Tony is skinny too and 200 lbs between fights

He isn't tho he looked significantly smaller than Poirier, he would be a regular LW also it would not benefit him at all beefing up. His style is based on volume if he beefed up as much as he could would probably not be as effective a fighter as he could.
Tony is built different than Max tho, they are both skinny on fightday but Tony got wider shoulders than Max.
Most weight for both of them is probably in the lower body anyway.

Taller not equals bigger
Heavier not equals bigger as well
Taller people are statistically more likely to weigh more.

Disagree until you're blue in the face.

There's no way around it.

Back