Holloway, Faber, Stephens, Alvarez, Barboza, Pettis, Gunnar ALL Want Fight in Dec.

Bels89

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Theres still a lot of high level guys that want to be on the December cards.

Holloway, Faber, Stephens, Alvarez, Barboza, Pettis, Gunnar

What makes the most plausible sense for these guys. Don't see how its possible to fit all of them on the 3 cards. UFC 193 needs some help I think there is a few spots left:

I feel kinda shitty for Holloway after that last fight. I know it was technically a win but it was a chance for him to make a statement. Now he's kinda left in no-man's land. They should have given him the Edgar fight.

What makes the most plausible sense for these guys. Don't see how its possible to fit all of them on the 3 cards. UFC 193 needs some help I think there is a few spots left:

Holloway vs Stephens
Faber vs Caraway
Alvarez vs Dariush
Barbosa vs Pettis
Gunnar vs Wonderboy

Holloway vs Stephens
Faber vs Sterling
Pettis vs Alvarez
Barboza vs Miller
Gunnar vs Maia

Put Faber/Sterling on the TUF Finale
Put Holloway/Stephens on 194
Have Pettis and Alvarez headline a fight night in Dec
Put Barboza/Miller on the FOX card
Put Gunnar/Maia on the FOX card

Stephens does not deserve a premier fight till he can prove he can make weight, and holloway deserves a top 5 opponent at this point.. he already took a step back fighting olivera, dude destroyed a top 5 swanson to fight the #7 guy, Stephens shouldnt even be top 10

Have Pettis and Alvarez headline a fight night in Dec
There is no any FN in Dec. Only option is FOX Event or at 194/195 card

Holloway vs. Stephens/Guida
Stephens vs. Holloway/Guida/Hacran Dias/Kawajiri
Faber vs. Caraway/Sterling/Rivera rematch or Lineker w/win over Rivera
Barboza vs. Poirier/Duffy winner
Alvarez vs. Pettis
Gunnar vs. Maia/Wonderboy/Magny

Zero chance all these guys get fights in December. All are probably "main card guys" at this time, and most of the main cards have been filled for the three events. No way they put any more high profile fights on the TUF 22 Finale event. Minimal chance of putting any of these guys on the Seoul card (Fight Pass) on November 28.

I would imagine that one or two will probably end up on the first card of 2016 (UFC 195) if they don't fill it with females (which is unlikely.)

Pettis vs Alvarez
Barboza vs Dariush
Nelson vs Cote/Magny
Stephens vs Guida
Holloway vs Lamas
Faber vs Sterling

Unless we're gonna have main card level guys fighting on the Fight Pass prelims in December, there is no way all these guys will be booked.

December is already ridiculous on paper. Barring injuries, I don't know if there is enough room for all these guys.

They could have a Money In The Bank match in December. Winner gets a chance to cash in on Aldo or McGregor at any time.:)

I feel kinda shitty for Holloway after that last fight. I know it was technically a win but it was a chance for him to make a statement. Now he's kinda left in no-man's land. They should have given him the Edgar fight.

He already made a statement beating Cub, who himself had already knocked out Oliveira in the first round. Honestly I was surprised they made that matchup in the first place. They probably wanted to keep Holloway busy and out of title contention because of that dominant loss to Conor.

Faber vs Sterling
Holloway vs Olivera rematch (if not, why not Stephens)
Barbosa vs Pettis please!!
Alverez vs Dariush

too many guys wanting fights but because the UFC roster is flooded, the top guys that actually draw eyes don't get to fight as much as they should.

The UFC product would improve 10 fold if they cut the bottom 150 guys on the roster and got the roster down to 375 or so.

Stephens does not deserve a premier fight till he can prove he can make weight, and holloway deserves a top 5 opponent at this point.. he already took a step back fighting olivera, dude destroyed a top 5 swanson to fight the #7 guy, Stephens shouldnt even be top 10

He only missed weight once, right? He was very humble and apologetic about it.

People on here acting like he's Thiago Alves or Lineker.

They could have a Money In The Bank match in December. Winner gets a chance to cash in on Aldo or McGregor at any time.:)

Hopefully Max is the insurance policy for either one of these guys getting hurt and is ready to step up ala Chad. Faber would be an ok fight for him but dissapointing he isn't matched up with Edgar.

Theres no way all these guys get fights in December. I assume they will make Pettis a priority due to his inactivity and Faber due to him being on TUF and not having fought since May. Could also see Gunnar vs Wonderboy or Maia on UFC 194 due to the Irish connection.

They should probably save something for the Suoerbowl as well as the Fox show that is traditionally the week before the SB.

Before people make the Gunnar vs. Maia recommendations. Remember that Maia is out indefinitely with serious staph infection.

Back