Holloway (Ankle) Out of UFC 208

EvilWasLittle

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...comments-on-jose-aldo-not-fighting-at-ufc-208

Max Holloway Comments on Jose Aldo, Not Fighting at UFC 208

UFC fighter Max Holloway saw Jose Aldo's Tuesday interview with Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting and wasn't happy about it.

Aldo said Holloway knew they were supposed to fight at UFC 208 in Brooklyn, New York, on Feb. 11 before he fought Anthony Pettis on Dec. 10. He said Holloway then backtracked after beating Pettis and asserted he himself never turns down fights from the UFC.

"I don't know what the hell he's talking about," Holloway said, per Damon Martin of Fox Sports. "Telling me I knew before the fight—I didn't know (expletive) before the fight. When they told me in the cage after I won that they wanted the fight Feb. 11, I thought it was 10 weeks away so I'd take two weeks off and then have an eight-week camp to get ready for him."

Holloway blamed his adrenaline for initially saying he would fight Aldo on Feb. 11 after he TKOed Pettis in the third round but then realized that couldn't happen because of a severely swollen ankle that would keep him out for four to six weeks.

Holloway didn't just take aim at Aldo's allegations that he knew about the fight before beating Pettis, either.

"This guy is the last guy who should be talking about injuries," he said, per Martin. "This mother (expletive) is the last guy that should be talking about injuries and being able to fight. ... He got offered to fight me at (UFC) 205 and 206 and he would not fight me."

According to Martin, injuries prevented Aldo from fighting ConorMcGregor at UFC 189, among other contests.

Holloway made it clear he thinks Aldo is engaging in trash talk because the fight isn't going to happen on Feb. 11 like initially expected.

"Keep digging yourself a hole because one day you're going to be standing across the cage from me and you'll realize you're not better than me in every aspect of MMA and you'll start folding," he said, per Martin.

Holloway did say he hopes to return to action in April or May after his ankle is fully healed and he can train before entering the Octagon again.

The back-and-forth will add another layer of intrigue to what will be a highly anticipated fight if and when it happens.

Helwani noted Aldo's loss to McGregor on Dec. 12, 2015, was his first in a decade. While he didn't get the rematch with McGregor he had hoped for, Aldo did beat Frankie Edgar at UFC 200 and became the official 145-pound champion after UFC stripped McGregor of the title in November.

Helwani said Aldo initially threatened to retire from the sport when McGregor fought Eddie Alvarez instead of him at UFC 205 but ultimately patched things up with the UFC.

As for Holloway, his UFC profile says he is 17-3 and ranked as the No. 1 featherweight.

Each fighter is among the most talented in the sport and figures to be a difficult opponent if this fight ever occurs. There is now even more motivation in place given the comments Aldo and Holloway made about each other.

Last edited:
what do you mean? he was never in 208. he backed out 2 minutes after he called aldo out

Max Hideaway gave Aldo grief.

Post the article first where he was "IN" 208. I'll wait

Calls him Waldo, calls him out for 208, tells him to quit running, says let's do this, says Jose isn't down.... Jose agrees to fight and then Max says Jose will pull out and can't trust that he'll show up and Insead says he's gotta celebrate his son's birthday instead.

Proceeds to pull out due to an "ankle injury".

Lol fucking Max that's some mark ass shit.

Holiday should just shut the fuck up until he is ready to fight. Called Aldo out to a specific date, Aldo accepted, Max couldn't make it because Christmas/Disney/cankles and he is still running his mouth.

Looks like someone has a case of pussyitus all of a sudden.

Non-news....again. I hope they fight when both are healthy. I also hope all TMZ-style MMA media and Sherdog fuccbois have their hands cut off and lose their eye sight before Dec 30 as punishment for this bullshit little girl drama.

Calls him Waldo, calls him out for 208, tells him to quit running, says let's do this, says Jose isn't down.... Jose agrees to fight and then Max says Jose will pull out and can't trust that he'll show up and Insead says he's gotta celebrate his son's birthday instead.

I'm not saying Max Hideallday is running like a bitch, but if someone was running like a bitch they would do exactly the same things Max Hideallday is doing right now.

Last edited:

Lmao

Stop running Aldo

Somehow gets a ankle injury hahahaha.

Aldo the only current fighter that wants to fight khabib.

Lmao

Stop running Aldo

Somehow gets a ankle injury hahahaha.

Aldo the only current fighter that wants to fight khabib.

not that it matters and would never happen but sanchez wants to fight khabib

What a drama this all is

So you're telling me Holloway suffered an ankle injury during the Pettis fight and wants to move the title shot 4-6 weeks up?

So he fought December and wants to fight April or May? All these fat ass keyboard warriors should shut the fuck up about it.

Sometimes you don't know the extent of an injury after a fight till you get seen by doctors. Most of you would probably call off work if you suffered a bruised pinky. Bunch of peasants in this thread.

Back