Holloway and Poirer are two straightforward matchups for Khabib.

-Khabib vs Ferguson is a long time coming
-Khabib vs Conor is a huge fight
-Khabib vs GSP is a huge fight

Those are three reasons right off the bat.

- Ferguson just threw away any leverage he has to force Khabib to fight him. The fight is never going to happen.

- Conor wouldn't rush to fight Khabib, there's also a possibility of him fighting the Max/Dustin winner before Khabib's return. And I bet both would rather fight Conor than Khabib

- GSP is retired and Dana is not going to give the fight to him unless he can promise he's not going to win the belt then bolt.

- Ferguson just threw away any leverage he has to force Khabib to fight him. The fight is never going to happen.

- Conor wouldn't rush to fight Khabib, there's also a possibility of him fighting the Max/Dustin winner before Khabib's return. And I bet both would rather fight Conor than Khabib

- GSP is retired and Dana is not going to give the fight to him unless he can promise he's not going to win the belt then bolt.

1. That's just dumb. No one's gonna care that Tony turned down a fight with Max several months from now. The fact is, Khabib vs Tony > Khabib vs Max or Poirier.

2. Conor fighting the winner of Max/Dustin before Khabib returns just proves my point, because one of them could lose to Conor which would then prevent them from fighting Khabib in November.

3. His retirement is likely just a ploy. And GSP wouldn't win the title and just bolt - He wants to fight McGregor.

It sucks. I think Khabib would struggle with Gaethje, Alvarez, Chandler, or Gillespie. But he will never fight them.

1. That's just dumb. No one's gonna care that Tony turned down a fight with Max several months from now. The fact is, Khabib vs Tony > Khabib vs Max or Poirier.

2. Conor fighting the winner of Max/Dustin before Khabib returns just proves my point, because one of them could lose to Conor which would then prevent them from fighting Khabib in November.

3. His retirement is likely just a ploy. And GSP wouldn't win the title and just bolt - He wants to fight McGregor.

1) No one cares except Khabib. He doesn't want to fight Ferguson. He wants to protect his undefeated record.

2) Like I said if either can fight Conor they wouldn't give a shit about getting the belt

3) GSP won the Middleweight and bolt already........... him winning the Lightweight and then refusing to fight anyone but Conor would further fuck up the division and the UFC. And be worse than bolting

1) No one cares except Khabib. He doesn't want to fight Ferguson. He wants to protect his undefeated record.

2) Like I said if either can fight Conor they wouldn't give a shit about getting the belt

3) GSP won the Middleweight and bolt already........... him winning the Lightweight and then refusing to fight anyone but Conor would further fuck up the division and the UFC. And be worse than bolting

1. He has repeatedly showed interest in fighting Ferguson, in fact. He's signed to fight him four times before.

2. How does this disprove anything that I said? It proves my original point

3. Would depend on if Conor was a "deserving" contender by the time the fight happened or not.

Akshually, there is now more evidence suggesting that it is Ferguson who does not want to fight Khabib:
1. The fight was scheduled 4 times with both Ferg and Khabib signing the contract.
2. Both fighters pulled out twice.
3. Ferg is given the opportunity to fight for the interim belt, with the winner being the guaranteed nr.1 contender, since there's no point in an interim belt otherwise.
4. Ferg refuses the fight and loses his Nr.1 contender status.

2 pullouts + refusal to fight for Nr.1 contender status > 2 pullouts.

Yes, I understand that in a perfect world, Ferguson would not need to do anything, since he has ensured his Nr.1 contender status in the eyes of MMA fans 10 times over, but this is UFC run by Dana, not fantasy. Ferguson must have known that he is going to lose the nr.1 contender status, should he refuse the interim belt fight, otherwise he is simply delusional and I don't think he is delusional.

It is what it is, the facts speak for themselves. Don't throw retarded accusations around unless you have the facts to back them up.

Tony Ferguson is the only fight Khabib should take. The GSP fight would be my only exception because GOAT.

Back