Hollande: Anti-Muslim, anti-Semitic acts must be punished

Ask him if the guys who the Pakistanis are currently killing are "Muslim." Ask him if Caucasians are "Muslim." Guaranteed it turns out that people of every race can be Muslim. And people of every race can turn out *not* to be Muslim, which is why Pakistanis are being gunned down by other Pakistanis as we speak on that basis.

Again, a 'huge racial component' is masking the question of what that component actually is. I don't doubt this guy has experienced racial prejudice as a result of having brown skin. I just reject the idea that criticizing religion = criticizing race.

I suspect your friend would experience no racial prejudice if he was a white Muslim.

Ask him also about the racism within Pakistanis , where they look down on dark skinned Muslim Pakistanis. Or about Pakistani racism against Black Muslims. Or ask him about Pakistani racism against dark skinned lower caste people that played a huge part in the genocide against Bengalis in East Pakistan/Bangladesh.

I pointed out a difference between race and religion (even though 'Jewish' is not a race).

The problem with Islam and the modern world is that its 'extreme' views really aren't that extreme when one looks at the actual polls and data available. Large portions of the Muslim world believe in death for apostasy, blasphemy, adultery etc...

gsi2-overview-2.png

gsi2-chp1-8.png

gsi2-chp1-9.png

As you can see, sizable percentages of persons in many countries support policies and punishments that are completely incompatible with the values of a free, open society. Whereas only .01% of Muslims may actually carry out heinous acts of violence against perceived infidels, what is more disconcerting to many is how extreme the views of a moderate Muslim are.

This is a great video defining radical Islam and the myth that it is a tiny minority (quite the opposite in fact):

To me it's kind of interesting because people are so invested in finding race, because of its political usefulness, that they will try to create race even when both groups of people are swearing up and down that it's not race.

Bolded for the mutha #### truth

Muslims will claim it is not a race when it suits them and claim it is a race when it suits them to do so.

Case in point the below :

Bristol Muslim community leader: 'New Charlie Hebdo cartoon of Muhammad is grossly racist'

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristo...harlie-Hebdo/story-25860836-detail/story.html

I find what this guy is up to grossly racist in itself . It belittles and exploits victims of racism and the people who historically suffered racism. He is trying to silence free speech by twisting the definition of racism .

He is trying to silence free speech by twisting the definition of racism .

Society has been conditioned to trigger on the word racism or racist, so it can be all too tempting to shoehorn it into a discussion to declare victory via pavlovian shock.

it does base 3 damage, with a +2-5 bonus to automatons. It can be negated by a high perception, or a thick skin.

I agree it's *less* intractable than black racial identity. And it's a very messy identity. But it's still pretty damn sticky. Hard to un-Judaize in the racial and ethnic sense, any more than a Japanese person could un-Japanize. It's actually interesting how that has changed through history, but that's a topic that you could write volumes on.

Btw, also quite hard to un-Muslimize, but for religious reasons ... Islam does not take kindly to apostates.

I would say its quite easy to un-stick, unless you are israeli born and raised jew, you will probably be more identified with your own nation nationality and ethnicity.

They dont have special accents, modisms or culture, an american jew is virtually undistinguishable from an american white from the same town. The only thing that could tell them off, its the name and cultural practices.

If they give up the names (like plenty of other white ethnicities did to adapt in America) and stop practicing judaism, it would be impossible to tell them apart from a regular white male of the same country.

And as such the argument that judaism is inescapable, really doesnt holds much candle, judaism is no more inescapable than being a Bostonian or Californian.

EDIT

I would say that muslim is hardest to escape, since muslims usually have pretty defined cultural traits.

What im trying to say is that if some nazis rose and tried to hunt muslims, they wont take a "Im not a muslim" from an arab guy as proof enough, they are going for arabs.

Bolded for the mutha #### truth

Muslims will claim it is not a race when it suits them and claim it is a race when it suits them to do so.

Case in point the below :

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristo...harlie-Hebdo/story-25860836-detail/story.html

I find what this guy is up to grossly racist in itself . It belittles and exploits victims of racism and the people who historically suffered racism. He is trying to silence free speech by twisting the definition of racism .

Yup, exactly.

Interesting burka experiment in Australia and reaction to which is charges of racism against Islam:

^^ word, checkout these terrorists bro. they're coming for us.

^^ word, checkout these terrorists bro. they're coming for us.

First five hours girl walking in rough area in yoga pants and white shirt revealing buxomness, girl recieves some unwanted sexual attention. Next 5 hours girl walks around in hajib through more culural area with open markets etc and recieves no or little unwanted sexual attention. Both reactions are fairly expected. Clip maker probably muslim by his name, doubtful the girl is as she participated as such.

Is there something I'm missing?

I think we learned that if you are a girl with a nice body and dress modestly/conservatively you won't be hit on by random guys walking while in New York.

If are a guy who dresses in a very conservative Muslim woman's outfit, some angry guys might want to fight you and call you a racist.

First five hours girl walking in rough area in yoga pants and white shirt revealing buxomness, girl recieves some unwanted sexual attention. Next 5 hours girl walks around in hajib through more culural area with open markets etc and recieves no or little unwanted sexual attention. Both reactions are fairly expected. Clip maker probably muslim by his name, doubtful the girl is as she participated as such.

Is there something I'm missing?

you don't know anything about New York City

I would say its quite easy to un-stick, unless you are israeli born and raised jew, you will probably be more identified with your own nation nationality and ethnicity.

They dont have special accents, modisms or culture, an american jew is virtually undistinguishable from an american white from the same town. The only thing that could tell them off, its the name and cultural practices.

If they give up the names (like plenty of other white ethnicities did to adapt in America) and stop practicing judaism, it would be impossible to tell them apart from a regular white male of the same country.

And as such the argument that judaism is inescapable, really doesnt holds much candle, judaism is no more inescapable than being a Bostonian or Californian.

EDIT

I would say that muslim is hardest to escape, since muslims usually have pretty defined cultural traits.

What im trying to say is that if some nazis rose and tried to hunt muslims, they wont take a "Im not a muslim" from an arab guy as proof enough, they are going for arabs.

One may not be able to categorize them super-accurately due to a lot of overlap between groups, but there's pretty clear differences between the facial and hair traits of people with different European origins. Irish people tend to have a certain shape jaw and so forth.

If are a guy who dresses in a very conservative Muslim woman's outfit, some angry guys might want to fight you and call you a racist.

I don't think this applies, it did after 9/11 though. people around here tend to give religious people their space in their walks of life here in NY; Buddhists, Nuns, Muslim people etc.

edit: reread what you wrote: guy in woman's clothing. my derp.

One may not be able to categorize them super-accurately due to a lot of overlap between groups, but there's pretty clear differences between the facial and hair traits of people with different European origins. Irish people tend to have a certain shape jaw and so forth.

That tend is pointless since these traits are polymorphic, meaning present in most european groups, the only thing that changes is frequency.

I think we learned that if you are a girl with a nice body and dress modestly/conservatively you won't be hit on by random guys walking while in New York.

Yeah, pretty much.

Your second paragraph regarding the video I posted was relating to the ongoing conversation that Muslims generally have a difficult time distinguishing between race and religion.

Back