Holland bringed the dog out of Wonderboy

Holland showed some all time great durability.

He ran into so many clean straits, took so many vicious body kicks, so many head kicks, Wonder boy was literally following him around teeing off.

And he only got dropped at the very end, after standing right in front of Wonderboy for minutes at a time with absolutely zero head movement and a broken hand, crazy.

Sadly I think his tendency to shift forward with that bounce is gonna get him seriously hurt once teams review this fight and counter him. He didn’t use any jabs to open up WB, that was really disappointing.

He can be aggressive with the right opponent. He is a "take what you give him" kind of striker. If you come at him he will play the counterstriker. If you try to outskill him he will go tit for tat (see Masvidal fight). If you trap him he will exchange with you and punch his way out as he did with Luque, Neal and Holland. If you back up he will pressure you and look for the kill shot (but not always find it).

He's definitely a lot grittier than given credit for. He's been hurt and fought through it several times.

Last edited:
U ever see wonderboy vs Hendricks ?
That was his best performance ever imo

but yeah , tonigt was awesome

Agreed completely.

Hendricks was only a fight or two removed from being champion right?

Also that kind of finish was exceedingly rare back then.

P.S. I like your opinions on here. Cheers.

That's WB fighting someone who isn't trying to take him down.
He has boring fights with striker (Till, Rory), even his not boring fight (vs Whitaker, Pettis, Masvidal) he was still not agressive stand and bang like this fight

Agreed completely.

Hendricks was only a fight or two removed from being champion right?

Also that kind of finish was exceedingly rare back then.

P.S. I like your opinions on here. Cheers.

I don’t recognize your user name on here … but I agree - I like/agree with your posts

you said you work in mma ? I worked for the ufc for years funnily enough - have a great relationship with them still …. But more involved in boxing

cheers pal

I've actually never seen Wonderboy fight like that it was so awesome. I was on the edge of my seat because in the beginning Holland was hurting him every time he touched him

He is very exciting to watch against strikers who actually want to strike... Neal, Luque, Holland, Masvidal, Rory

Not that exciting against fighters like Till or Woodley, who want to just wait and see what happens.

Back