Holiday home gym projects

If you've got the patience, you can make a ridiculously sturdy med-ball using a much smaller (way, way smaller) hole, and patching it using a tire patching kit. My 22-lb'r holds up to tabata slams on asphalt and concrete perfectly fine (although it makes the neighbourhood sound like a warzone).

Another option, if you need something even heavier than 22 lbs, is to start adding water to the sand until you reach the desired weight. I haven't tried it, so I don't know how well this works or holds up. Packing peanuts would work well as filler, but the patching mechanism wouldn't have the same integrity, since the hole would need to be larger (although it wouldn't matter so much, since the force would be less due to the decreased weight).

i'm really considering making my own sled, has anybody made one before? i remember seeing someone post their sled made from tires and plywood but i can't remember which thread it was in.

100_1568.jpg

100_1569.jpg

Wow, that sled is sick. Great idea!

This weekend I made a wrist curl thing using PVC pipe and some paracord. Everyone is DIY'ing this week, eh?

Back