No Spoilers HOGWARTS LEGACY: Breaks Twitch All-Time Peak Concurrent Viewership Record (1.3m)

Really loving this game. Had my first actual challenge battling while fighting the knights to get into final room of the library’s secret chamber below. Died couple times after nothing but easy combat up to this point and it finally made me realize the quality of the combat system and combining spells

is there any point/ value in petting the cats everywhere?

also I think it’s one flaw that in order to upgrade your player and have best stats you have to constantly change your characters outfit. The whole fun of creating a character is picking how he/she looks and the clothing to look how you want. But I’m order to upgrade the character, you have to wear bunch of random shit and look like a weirdo.

Really loving this game. Had my first actual challenge battling while fighting the knights to get into final room of the library’s secret chamber below. Died couple times after nothing but easy combat up to this point and it finally made me realize the quality of the combat system and combining spells

also I think it’s one flaw that in order to upgrade your player and have best stats you have to constantly change your characters outfit. The whole fun of creating a character is picking how he/she looks and the clothing to look how you want. But I’m order to upgrade the character, you have to wear bunch of random shit and look like a weirdo.
You can change your appearance by pressing square on whichever piece of equipment you wanna change.

You can change the way you clothes look. Everything you pick up becomes a permanent skin you can always use. Check you gear and you’ll see a button to change it.

That's right and yes. More than likely the Dark Arts will corrupt him.

I'm quite pleased with how Crucio works, though. It looks awesome and with the mastery talent plus gear traits increasing cursed damage you just annihilate everything. I can only imagine how OP Avada Kedavra will be...
It's super op I love it just get that last curse talent for it stack curses n Bam delete

My friend said this is Witcher 3 tier good. Can anyone attest?

Just done a quest which is probably my favourite so far.

I got conned by an old woman in hogsmede to buy her shop from her, only to be trapped in a dungeon by a poltergeist. Had to face a small maze of trials to get out, fought the old witch, and now I have a shop in hogsmede, AND I got to free her house elf who now manages the shop for me. The house elf now wanders around the shop being happy, eating sweets, and wearing a fancy hat.

My friend said this is Witcher 3 tier good. Can anyone attest?

Personally I'd say no way, but most people seem to like it a lot more than me.

I'm in 7/10 territory right now. Doesn't feel like you are part of the world, it's just a pretty facade.

I find it funny how hard they’re going with this boycott, meanwhile you can go in like any Walmart and buy the Harry Potter movies, books, or random merchandise (toys, board games etc.)

Like where’s the boycotts of Walmart? How about Amazon since you can buy all that stuff from there too?
Game reviewers have proven themselves to be a pretty obnoxious and self righteous bunch in the past, but this takes the cake. I’m seeing like 5 and 6s as the average, with every site talking about Rowling hurting their feelings. It’s like they just want us to know they’re enlightened. Never mind that Rowling has next to nothing to do with the game.

Meanwhile user scores are through the roof. Sadly, I feel like you can’t trust pro reviews or user scores these days.

Never mind that Rowling has next to nothing to do with the game.

That doesn't matter to those people. The game makes money which means Rowling makes money and they don't want her using her money to spread\finance hate.

For a game that's based on books for kids, some of these side quests don't end the way you'd expect lol

You have to put someone down after they turn into a zombie, a woman dies by being devoured by spiders, a poltergeist sends people insane with the help of an evil witch, etc.

With the zombie one, you even have to tell his wife what's happened while she breaks down in tears. Like damn

Jim Sterling, who I haven't watched one video by him since I unsubscribed a year ago, appeared in my suggestions... for a video that's a week old about Hogwarts Legacy.

jim-sterling-james-stephanie-sterling.jpg

Oh I gotta watch this.

R.921d7d2cc85115502953a5a77e9b2ece

And apparently that video is so good those that were still subscribed finally unsubscribed, and he now has fewer than 800K subscribers.

And he made a video celebrating that...

And yes, I guess he's baiting rage clicks because the first video is his most popular video in over 8 months. But that's just two views for him while I get 50+ minutes of entertainment.

That doesn't matter to those people. The game makes money which means Rowling makes money and they don't want her using her money to spread\finance hate.
IMO attempting to review bomb it is an unethical way to go about it. If they really feel that strongly that about their convictions, then just don’t play it or review it. Don’t lie to us and tell us it’s bad. I’m seeing multiple major sites giving it like a 5 or 6 out of 10. Im getting the sense that it’s much better than they’re saying

Jim Sterling, who I haven't watched one video by him since I unsubscribed a year ago, appeared in my suggestions... for a video that's a week old about Hogwarts Legacy.

Her Hogwarts video was fine. Laid out why she doesnt like JK from her actions towards a community she's part of and how Harry Potter as a IP never interested her.

You on the other hand i have concerns over. Dont know if i just missed it from years prior through my inactivity here.

jim-sterling-james-stephanie-sterling.jpg

Oh I gotta watch this.

R.921d7d2cc85115502953a5a77e9b2ece

And apparently that video is so good those that were still subscribed finally unsubscribed, and he now has fewer than 800K subscribers.

And he made a video celebrating that...

And yes, I guess he's baiting rage clicks because the first video is his most popular video in over 8 months. But that's just two views for him while I get 50+ minutes of entertainment.

I guess I did jump the gun...

I don't think he's "baiting" though. That would imply that his approach is successful, and not an approach that has cost him damn near 200,000 subs in a relatively short amount of time. He's been a crazy zealot for a while now. Hence why he's been bleeding subs since he started turning his channel into a dime a dozen leftist political channel. Imagine making a 25 minute "review" on a videogame that never actually criticizes the actual game, and then thinking your videogame focused audience is abandoning you, simply because you're trans.

Shame, because fat arrogant prick, Jim Sterling, used to be pretty damn good at what he did once upon a time.

Shame, because fat arrogant prick, Jim Sterling, used to be pretty damn good at what he did once upon a time.
Agreed. He used to form pretty good arguments for his positions and was quite convincing.

But I listened to that first video from a week ago and.... he's just a delusional zealot for transexualism.

It blows my mind he goes by 'Jessica Sterling,' dresses as a woman, wants everyone to stop 'dead naming' him although his YouTube channel's name is still 'Jim Sterling' and hasn't bothered to change his voice in a way it sounds more feminine.

Agreed. He used to form pretty good arguments for his positions and was quite convincing.

But I listened to that first video from a week ago and.... he's just a delusional zealot for transexualism.

I was a fan for a while, and his current state didn't happen overnight. Seemingly out of the fucking blue, he just started infusing politics into his reviews about a year or so before he officially put on the dress. Slowly but surely, it became obsessive. Gone were his great takes on the fundamentals of videogames and why they were good or bad on their merits, and all he was focused on was criticizing "capitalism" and what he viewed as slights towards "leftism". It was so jarring.

Then he became perpetual victim man, with hardcore "Lefty" opinions you can read on any given forum, and he sits there wondering why his subs were and are still are cratering, and has the gall to blame it on "Transphobia", and not his choice to turn his successful videogame channel into a political activist one, devoid of the criticism on videogames that brought him to the show.

It would be like if Tom Cruise just quit acting, put on a dress, and then got mad that people weren't interested in his new found career of making quilts, and then blamed it on people not liking the dress.

I was a fan for a while, and his current state didn't happen overnight. Seemingly out of the fucking blue, he just started infusing politics into his reviews about a year or so before he officially put on the dress. Slowly but surely, it became obsessive. Gone were his great takes on the fundamentals of videogames and why they were good or bad on their merits, and all he was focused on was criticizing "capitalism" and what he viewed as slights towards "leftism". It was so jarring.

Then he became perpetual victim man, with hardcore "Lefty" opinions you can read on any given forum, and he sits there wondering why his subs were and are still are cratering, and has the gall to blame it on "Transphobia", and not his choice to turn his successful videogame channel into a political activist one, devoid of the criticism on videogames that brought him to the show.

It would be like if Tom Cruise just quit acting, put on a dress, and then got mad that people weren't interested in his new found career of making quilts, and then blamed it on people not liking the dress.

Lets post the rest of this discussion in spoilers so we're not hijacking the thread with not-Hogwarts discussion.

Oh those two videos I posted? He's constantly playing the victim as a trans person and gaslighting everyone against him as transphobic.

Pure delusional zealotry.

Well, actually not delusional. He mentions in the video a week ago people on social media ask him what JK Rowling said to indicate she's transphobic, but everyone that asks him is transphobic because everyone knows JK Rowling is transphobic.

Wow. Such a difficult case to disprove.

IMO attempting to review bomb it is an unethical way to go about it. If they really feel that strongly that about their convictions, then just don’t play it or review it. Don’t lie to us and tell us it’s bad. I’m seeing multiple major sites giving it like a 5 or 6 out of 10. Im getting the sense that it’s much better than they’re saying

100% agreed

Oh those two videos I posted? He's constantly playing the victim as a trans person and gaslighting everyone against him as transphobic.

Pure delusional zealotry.

Well, actually not delusional. He mentions in the video a week ago people on social media ask him what JK Rowling said to indicate she's transphobic, but everyone that asks him is transphobic because everyone knows JK Rowling is transphobic.

Wow. Such a difficult case to disprove.

33 seconds. It took 33 seconds after that comment for her actions/comments to be listed. Where it was expanded upon for the next five minutes.

For a game that's based on books for kids, some of these side quests don't end the way you'd expect lol

You have to put someone down after they turn into a zombie, a woman dies by being devoured by spiders, a poltergeist sends people insane with the help of an evil witch, etc.

With the zombie one, you even have to tell his wife what's happened while she breaks down in tears. Like damn
The books grew up as the children who read them grew up. Really only sorcerers stone and chamber of secrets are kids books. Once you get to Goblet of fire it’s hardly for children.

Back