HMB Research

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by senri, Jul 26, 2016.

1. senri

senri The belt that resides inside you

what are your thoughts on this supplement?

http://strengtheory.com/hmb/

a couple recent studies have, in fact, shown that HMB works better than steroids for building muscle. That raises some red flags. Quite a few of my readers who stay up-to-date with the research have asked me about these studies, understandably excited about the prospect of a legal supplement that could get them steroid-like results without any of the side effects or legality issues, and I’m afraid they’re being misled and duped into spending money on something that doesn’t work (or at the very least, doesn’t work as well as they expect it to). That’s why I’m writing this article in the first place. Greg Nuckols (2016)

2. NoGoodNamesLeft

NoGoodNamesLeft Black Belt

its crap. or at least the stuff gnc sells that is hmb is crap. who knows really.

3. senri

senri The belt that resides inside you

it's got mixed results with most leaning towards not doing much for very well trained athletes. More research is done on it. So we will have to wait and see.

4. Badger67

Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Most things at GNC are crap. I'd be surprised if their monohydrate worked.

5. boingyman

boingyman If can, can. If no can, no can.

I'm not a dietary supplement guru, but from what I know as of late there's no evidence of it's promoted efficacy for performance or muscle hypertrophy. Even for medical nutrition therapy HMB benefits are questionable at best when you analyze the literature.