HK45 - finally got it!

If youre shooting lower than your point of aim, the culprit might be anticipating the recoil. Its nothing a secure grip, proper trigger control and burning powder cant fix.

FYI SportsSouth is having a liquidation of HK45's if you pay more than $850 in the next few days, you've paid too much.

I opened this thread hoping to get the serial number of your gun, but I see you already thought of that.

I opened this thread hoping to get the serial number of your gun, but I see you already thought of that.

Of what value is that information?

As to the HK, I fired one for the first time yesterday. Great gun and I feel superior to the USP that I've fired.

Nah, they can't. LEOs in almost the entire country have no idea who the owner is based on the serial number. That information is stored in the 4473 form that the original owner filled out and it's stored in the gun store he purchased the gun from. Doesn't matter anyway, since the gun could have been sold in private sales numerous times, making tracking it impossible.

In CA we can look up the purchaser info by the serial number of a handgun. CA has a handgun registry. We do not have a long gun registry. We can also run a name and get weapons registered to that person (again handguns only).

We have a handgun registry in Clark County in Las Vegas, but we're working hard to get rid of it. It's the only county in the entire state of Nevada that has any type of firearm registry.

Beautiful looking gun, let us know how it feels at the range.

I have a p30. Love it. I Need to add an hk45 to the safe.

I don't know, that's why I bring it up. TS edited it out of the pic above. I thought only certain LEO's can look up the owner with a serial number, but maybe not.

I was trying to imagine what a nefarious sort might do when armed with your gun's serial number. It seems like good info to not divulge but is that just paranoia?

Beautiful looking gun, let us know how it feels at the range.

I've fired my 1000th round. No stoppages whatsoever. I've used a variety of ammo too, from brass to steel-cased, soft point to FMJ, 185 and 230 grain. Haven't used heavier loads yet, but will get to it once I have time to go shooting again.

Trigger is extremely heavy in double-action, but that's to be expected. Trigger travel in SA is a bit long - not as mushy as Kahr and Kel Tec, but bad enough to say it stinks without being branded as an HK hater.

Although as long as the SA trigger pull is, it's smooth and you can feel where it breaks. And it's VERY accurate. I have not gotten 2 inch groupings at 25 yards with any other pistol than my HK, not even my 1911 (although I have hit near the center a few times; they just weren't as consistent). And that's funny, considering the HK has a shorter barrel than most full sized 1911.

Although it may go through your ammo a little too fast, this pistol deserves to be rapid fired a few times. You can feel the grip melting and become one with your hand. It's one of the best feelings I've ever had shooting a gun. And the recoil on this gun is so soft (not as soft as the USP though), if I told you it was a 9mm before shooting it, you would believe me.

I've fired my 1000th round. No stoppages whatsoever. I've used a variety of ammo too, from brass to steel-cased, soft point to FMJ, 185 and 230 grain. Haven't used heavier loads yet, but will get to it once I have time to go shooting again.

Trigger is extremely heavy in double-action, but that's to be expected. Trigger travel in SA is a bit long - not as mushy as Kahr and Kel Tec, but bad enough to say it stinks without being branded as an HK hater.

Although as long as the SA trigger pull is, it's smooth and you can feel where it breaks. And it's VERY accurate. I have not gotten 2 inch groupings at 25 yards with any other pistol than my HK, not even my 1911 (although I have hit near the center a few times; they just weren't as consistent). And that's funny, considering the HK has a shorter barrel than most full sized 1911.

Although it may go through your ammo a little too fast, this pistol deserves to be rapid fired a few times. You can feel the grip melting and become one with your hand. It's one of the best feelings I've ever had shooting a gun. And the recoil on this gun is so soft (not as soft as the USP though), if I told you it was a 9mm before shooting it, you would believe me.

ever think about changing to the LEM trigger? i did that with my hk45c and my p30 and haven't looked back.

Back